Left Ribcage Pain 10 Weeks Post Op

luxurycouture
on 4/30/15 1:48 pm

hi, friends!

Other than immediately post op, I have not felt any pain until recently when I began to feel some sharp pains in the lower rib area on my left side. 

It it comes and goes, and isn't so painful that I can't function, however it is still painful. 

I called my surgeons office today and they made me an appointment for next Thursday, but I fear that this might be too long. Since the receptionist is lazy, (I have never liked her since day one) she didn't bother to ask any questions or send a message to the Dr. or PA. 

Anyway, my question is, has anyone experienced the same thing?

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

NikkyBeauty
on 4/30/15 4:34 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Same exact thing is happing to me! I'm 10 weeks post op too the pain is in my right side though! It's very minimal not bad to where I can't do anything more so just nagging! Nothing else but the pain it's mostly when I stand and has been happening the last two days. If it's still going on tomorrow gonna give the surgeon a call and head on over to the ER! I hope it's not gallstones or anything bad I hate this because I was just getting back to normal! Hope all goes well with you if you feel like the wait is too long for your surgeon just go to the ER and they will give you a CT scan! 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Kate -True Brit
on 4/30/15 5:11 pm - UK

It helps us to answer if we know which surgery you have had. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

luxurycouture
on 4/30/15 9:11 pm

VSG a on 2/17/15

Poodlemac
on 4/30/15 10:55 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Yes, I would have sharp, stabbing pains in my left side. One almost took me down in a busy grocery store!  It was bad, thought it wasn't constant. I'm guessing it was something pulling as it healed because I'm still here!  If it's constant, I'd get a message to the doctor. If not, you probably have nothing to worry about. Could it be gas or constipation?  I've about decided that was a factor in mine. (When I mentioned it to my doctor, he said "normal!") 

Lissa_ND
on 5/1/15 12:54 pm
VSG on 09/02/15

It really sounds consistent with Gallbladder pains. A very high percentage of people that lose weight as a high rate, will have gallstones. That **** hurts!!! Not saying that's what it is, maybe look into. Glad you have an appointment and hope things are ok! 

luxurycouture
on 5/1/15 1:25 pm

Aren't gallbladde pains on the right side? 

Lissa_ND
on 5/1/15 2:23 pm
VSG on 09/02/15
On May 1, 2015 at 8:25 PM Pacific Time, luxurycouture wrote:

Aren't gallbladde pains on the right side? 

That they are! WHOOPS exits----------------------------> 

Ms-Misty
on 5/3/15 1:39 pm

Gallbladder pains can be just about anywhere.  I had to have mine removed two weeks ago and the pain was in my back and midsternal.

Most Active