small regain after 3 years

jfree1021
on 5/22/15 9:43 pm - athens, AL

Hey you guys its been 3 years now since my surgery I got pregnant last year and had a beautiful healthy baby boy I went from 369 to 255 to 262 im wondering why I am gaining weight so fast cause when I was pregnant with him I didnt eat nothing ans loss down to 250 so maybe its over 12 pds I mean is there any advice u guys can give me cause seems as if im hungrier than usual and it hasnt been like this in a long time im afraid im heading back down the wrong path

Laura in Texas
on 5/23/15 6:09 am

Track your food. Measure your portions. to lose you have to consume fewer calories.

By the 3 year mark it gets harder for most of us.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Doingrightin2015
on 5/23/15 7:53 am
RNY on 03/10/15

What are you eating? Are you following your plan? Are you logging your food, are you doing protein first? Are you drinking with your meals?

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Laura in Texas
on 5/23/15 8:12 am

I am almost 7 year out and have kept off all my weight. I weigh everyday and track if I am up a few. I make healthy choices 90% of the time. Eating right has become routine for me at this point. I never drink with my meals.

I know that staying healthy is more important to me than the food at this point. The mental part is the hardest. I know this is a battle I will have to fight every day for the rest of my life and my health is worth the fight.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

JB1114
on 5/23/15 9:06 am - Grain Valley, MO

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy.  Have you gone to see your surgeon?  Do what the other have suggested.  I sometimes graze and my thinking is I didn't eat that much, but when I track it I can see I'm eating too much.  I use Sparkpeople to track. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/23/15 9:19 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Well, this may sound harsh, but you lost 100 pounds in 2 years post op -- which is wonderful -- but you likely had another 100 to lose depending on your height.  SO -- that tells me that you were taking in too many calories for your output during your honeymoon stage -- thus, it's likely you are still eating too much to lose weight now.  I know that sucks.

When I got pregnant, it was very easy to justify eating more.  You said that you ate "nothing" and lost only a little bit -- but, since creating a child uses calories, it's likely you were taking in more than you realized.  Also, if you are breast feeding -- that made me ravenously hungry. After my son was born, it seemed impossible to lose weight -- and truly our bodies do change pretty dramatically after having a baby.  

My advice to you is to very honestly and meticulously track what you are currently eating... this means every single thing that crosses your lips by measuring on a scale or by measuring cup if liquid.  I use MyFitnessPal -- it's an easy way to keep track and make it a habit.  I started at very close to your beginning weight (344) and I know how hard it is to keep pushing on -- but tracking is extremely important to success.  Just to give you an example, I must eat below 900 calories/40 carbs a day to lose.  Any more, and I am in maintenance.  You have to know where you are starting from in order to make the changes to start losing again.  You can do it!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Hislady
on 5/23/15 7:34 pm - Vancouver, WA

Also by now you are probably starting to lose some of the malabsorbtion that you had in the beginning. So you are going to have to be even stricter with yourself because your body is starting to be able to absorb more calories. You can do it tho because you want to be able to play with that sweet little guy in a couple of years!!

jfree1021
on 5/24/15 3:08 pm - athens, AL

thank u guys so much for the advice I really do appreciate it I will be doing a follow up as well as tracking my foods ive come to far and even if I haven't loss a lot I've lost 115 pounds which is good compared to how I once was thanks

Most Active