FEELING FULL

lwilli59
on 6/30/15 11:29 am - Cayce, SC
VSG on 10/06/15

I HAD MY BAND REMOVED LAST THURSDAY JUNE25, 2015.  I GO TOMORROW TO HAVE THE STAPLES REMOVED AND HOPEFULLY WILL GET MY DATE FOR SLEEVE SURGERY.  HOWEVER, I'VE NOTICED THAT I'M GETTING FULL QUICK. I NOTICED THIS WHEN THE FLUID WAS REMOVED FROM MY BAND 3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY.  IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS GONE THROUGH THIS FEELING OF FULLNESS ONCE THERE BAND WAS REMOVED?

La Wanda R Williams
boxtop2006
on 6/30/15 1:33 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

I had the Lap band but when it eroded into my stomach they had to do surgery to remove it.  My BS would not remove the lap band and do RNY in the same surgery sighting that it was dangerous and I needed at least 6 months for my stomach to heal.  When I first came out of surgery I told my mom I thought maybe he decided to do the RNY because I would get full very fast, I could barely eat .5 of a scrambled egg!  Then I eneded up with three infections and I still wasn't hungry much.  However, he didn't do the RNY and my fullness was just from the stomach being swollen after surgery to remove the band.  Hey I still lost 36lbs in the time it took me to fully recover from the surgery/infections (3+ months)!  LOL  I gained the weight back plus in a year and had RNY on 24 March 15 and I'm now down past the weight I was after the band removal!  Good Luck!!

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

Hislady
on 6/30/15 9:37 pm - Vancouver, WA

I had my band removed over a year ago and no revision. I still feel like the band is there. It isn't but I still get full easy, so I just consider it a bonus! Yours may be from the surgical swelling but I'd work it like you still had a band and keep eating the small servings and protein forward diet. That way maybe you won't get any regain while you are waiting for your sleeve!

AmyDee123
on 7/1/15 5:09 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

To prepare for revision surgery my doctor unfilled me.  It was amazing to be able to burp again and not get air trapped in my stomach for once, but I would still get full fast.  I never had any time without the band or without restriction of some kind, but I noticed it still felt as though something was there.  One thing you have to keep in mind is while the band is unfilled it is still squeezed around our stomach and reducing the flow of our food.  When that is taken off after being on there for a long time you stomach has usually conformed to the shape and size that it has created.  See it as a blessing, don't try to stretch it out, and use this time to start preparing for your sleeve surgery and how you will be eating after it.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Most Active