"Cute" and "Clothes" in the same sentence....

Mary Gee
on 7/3/15 1:43 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

"Cute" and "Clothes" are generally not words I use in the same sentence.....until today.  I was sorting through some thrift store purchases, and discovered I had some "cute" tops, in a variety of colors and styles.  There was even (gag me with a spoon) a t-shirt with three kittens on it -- in MY bag of purchases.  Egad!  I pulled out some tops and pants that are now too big for me, and I now have a closet of clothes that actually fit me.  No more keeping clothes "that I'll get into someday if I stick to my diet".  No more "big shirts" that are marked 3X but in actuality are about 6X and swim on me. Nope, now my clothes actually fit me - nothing baggy anymore.  

L.O.V.I.N.G. life now -- being active, being healthy.  For the first time in my life, I have planted a garden, and I'm keeping the lawn mowed.  No more feeling embarrassed when I pull into my driveway.  My old yard had grass up to my a$$ because I could not mow it - Now, I mow my lawn weekly, and when I'm done I sit on my yard chair, sipping Crystal Light Lemonade, feeling proud of myself.

Thank you Dr. Kelly and your team, and -  Hey, Me (that's right, ME)-- you're doing great - keep it up!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/3/15 2:18 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You're going to tell us about a shirt with kittens on it-- AND NOT SHARE A PICTURE?? ;)

You are doing amazing!! Go you!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Y D.
on 7/3/15 2:52 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

That's so awesome, congrats

Ready2goNOW
on 7/3/15 2:54 pm

Go Mary!

I can't wait to follow suit! (No pun intended!)

Kathy

roxytrim
on 7/3/15 4:50 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Hey Mary Gee do you cut other peoples lawns too??? 

Mary Gee
on 7/3/15 6:54 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

If you lived nearby, I would take you up on that!!  

diane48
on 7/4/15 8:29 am
RNY on 05/07/13

Congratulations!  you are doing great.  The clothes thing only gets better!

Nic M
on 7/4/15 2:16 pm

Nice! 

You should see what I'm wearing today. Actually you shouldn't. I have a stained T shirt that I ripped to make into a V-neck, but I didn't know when to stop, so it looks a little like the Hulk's clothing after he gets his undies in a bundle. 

Good for you, Mary, that you're feeling so good! I'm happy for you, for real. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Mary Gee
on 7/4/15 9:56 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Thanks Nic - it does feel great.  Your t-shirt story is funny - because just the other day when I was going through clothes, I came across two of my daughter's old t-shirts-- wife beaters that she tore in the front to make into V-necks!!  No kidding -- maybe you two have a connection........

Nic M
on 7/5/15 8:28 am

I'm always covered in paint and ripping my clothing.  You just can't take me anywhere. 

Your daughter must have the same feeling as I do. I don't like things around my neck. Must have had a bad experience in a past life. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active