Well I ever get all the stuff I need to get in.

Auntb15
on 7/12/15 12:34 pm

i am 5 days post op. I am worried I am not getting everything in. Did everyone else feel this way. And does it change. Advice please

Nich_R
on 7/12/15 2:52 pm

I'm 4 days post op and I'm not getting everything in. I was told by the nutritionist that the water and protein numbers are goals and that I likely won't reach them in the beginning but to just do my best and I'll get there at some point. At this point I'm not really worried. I'm not having signs of dehydration which is a big thing to watch for. 

Nichole | Portland, OR | VSG 07.08.15 | HW 371.1 | SW 348.2 | CW 199.6 | GW 150

Dan1962
on 7/12/15 3:08 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

The absolute most important thing is the water.  And mixing it with for protein shake counts.  The protein will come eventually but in the beginning its not that important.  Sip, sip, sip!

Roma
on 7/12/15 5:10 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

I felt that way too. Just keep drinking, that is the most important thing to keep you from going back to the hospital for dehydration. Things will get easier before you know it.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/12/15 6:00 pm - OH

Yes, what you are experiencing is very common and it WILL change.  No one really expects you to get it all in at first.

Right now, you just need to do the best you can, focusing on water and protein (in that order).  There are VERY few people who can get in everything at first! (The only reason that I was able to even get close was because I had a tube into my remnant stomach and could put protein shakes into that.)

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active