I made it!!!!

Rita I.
on 9/3/15 1:20 am - Canada

Good morning, 

I'm on my 4th day post op and I'm not going to lie the first 2 days were rough. Yesterday was much better and didn't need pain Meds at all. I'm going home today-so excited to see what the future hold. 

Any advice of dos or fonts while recovering at home. Things I should expect to happened the next few days. 

Thanks for for all the messages and support. I'm so glad I joined this group!!! 

Rita😊

Orientation @TWH Nov 24, 2014 // Surgery @ TWH Aug 31, 2015

Loser2542
on 9/3/15 5:32 am

Just concentrate on staying hydrated - sip, sip, sip. Walking will also help your lungs and any residual gas pains you may have. Welcome to the losers' bench!

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/15 5:35 am

Rita ((((()))) Congrats!! welcome to the happy people's club lol  There are a few mistakes I made post op I would so NOT if I had a do-over .  

1) I tested my tool by eating more tan the guidelines .  This led to eventual re-hospitalization with a blockage - thank God they didn't have to re-operate 

2) I drank alcohol BAD idea - gets you cross addicted and it took me years to wake up and get sober  - wasted years really 

heres what I think I did right- I ate and eat what my body craves - in my case a semi vegetarian diet conisiting of very low fat complex carbs .  I'm not recommending my diet- just that you eat what feels natural and comfortable for you instinctively .  I see way too much gallbladder issues on here and have to wonder if its the high amounts of fat or the pushing protein that causes it .  If you're a fat eater pre -op I really recommend asking your surgeon for the drugs that keep the gallbladder " sludge " and gallstones from forming .  There will be a LOT of fat simply from the weigh loss circulating in your bloodstream... 

I was careful to thin my blood the " natural way " with daily doses of " natures blood thinner's " chai tea, ginger , cayenne pepper, fresh herbs I grew and use in cooking.   also eat tons f garlic and onion which are also natural blood thinners 

MOST imporantly I got up and forced myself to walk five minutes literally every fifteen minutes ...and started gardening outside as soon as I comfortably could ( just weeding no lifting )  this made my recovery SO much faster .. and was walking/jogging rollerblading within weeks .   (((( ))))) big hugs 

Most Active