Anybody did revision surgery vsg to duel switch

Cry1984
on 9/8/15 10:50 pm

Wanna know i had vsg 3year ago rediced 40kg reach 130 to 90. In three year due to thyroid dipreasion rehumto arthiritis n change of habits gain 10 kg. Now 100kg n dipressed because my vitamins still low n due to protine deficiency still loosing hairs not left with will to excersise more as cant do due to airthritis cant bear more pain n hunger. I decided to revise it to duo switch but dont know safe with my condition or not . I dont know wat to do

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/9/15 9:40 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Find a surgeon who performs the DS surgery and get his/her expert opinion.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy S.
on 9/9/15 10:12 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Post this on our DS forum and Revision forum as well.

Duodenal Switch Forum (DS)
Revision Weight Loss Surgery Forum

Check your iron levels for hair loss and try hitting the pool.  It's a great way to work out for those that have challenges with exercising.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/9/15 3:08 pm

I woudl be really concerned for you - to have low proteins and vitamins with VSG. '

If you can't maintain proteins and vitamins with not malabsorption - getting DS may not be good idea for you. 

DS require a very strict protocol for proteins and vitamins... much more so than VSG or even RNY.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cry1984
on 9/18/15 3:38 am

i will thinking about the same i got to know about  mini gastric bypass too. lets see what my doc say

Valerie G.
on 9/10/15 2:25 am, edited 9/10/15 2:26 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's perfectly safe if you have a surgeon who is very experienced in doing DS revisions.  Otherwise it's a crap shoot, for a revision from RNY to DS is quite tricky for the average surgeon.

Add to this what Hala said 

If you cannot keep healthy with VSG, then revising to DS or RNY would be a death sentence

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Cry1984
on 9/18/15 3:39 am

dear i dont know what to do. iam desperate.

Valerie G.
on 9/18/15 4:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Seriously - and with much sincerity - I recommend you see a therapist to work through why you won't take proper care of yourself before you do any more drastic measures.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Cry1984
on 11/2/15 6:52 am

thanks dear but i gone through mini gastric bypass . now having cramp problem. my all levels are gud in recent report what to do

Most Active