10 years Banded... and a survivor of a Hemorrhagic Stroke from a car accident

Naomi B.
on 9/21/15 8:43 am - Hanover, PA
On September 21, 2015 at 8:19 AM Pacific Time, Zee Starrlite wrote:

Wow Naomi!  I am so sorry you had to go through this.  I am so glad that you are here, healing and making progress.  "Life is like a box of chocolates" for sure.  We just never know how our paths may change or end. . . .  We all had our differences on this forum for years but there is no doubt that I care that we all stay well.  

Do you know that we lost English Kate?  She wasn't sick and apparently died of a heart attack in her sleep.  It was sad and weird because she was still a huge presence on OH.

I pray you a complete recovery.

Enjoy your vacation and good luck with your new business.

Best,

Laylah

No I did not know that Kate had died...I am so sorry to hear that, you know life is too precious to be fighting over different weight loss surgeries, it has ALWAYS been a personal decision between you and your surgeon.

That said, you were always one of my favorite bandsters ...even in the height of the band bashing....the older bands were so hard on our bodies and it was very easy for the older band to damage our esophagus ....we had to find out the hard way....I know we had some disagreements but.....I always felt you were a nice person....and this post proves just that... by you showing you care....

I really appreciate the support.

Naomi

Laura in Texas
on 9/21/15 3:58 pm

Wow. You have been through a lot. A friend of mine had a hemorrhagic stroke in May. His was caused by not taking his blood pressure medicine. Thankfully he has made a full recovery, except for nerve pain in his left leg. He was out of work for 3 months but is back full time now. He is now taking better care of himself by eating better and exercising, and taking his blood pressure medicine. I know it has made him appreciate life so much more now.

I wish you the best as you continue to get stronger and stronger.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Naomi B.
on 9/21/15 4:49 pm - Hanover, PA
On September 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM Pacific Time, Laura in Texas wrote:

Wow. You have been through a lot. A friend of mine had a hemorrhagic stroke in May. His was caused by not taking his blood pressure medicine. Thankfully he has made a full recovery, except for nerve pain in his left leg. He was out of work for 3 months but is back full time now. He is now taking better care of himself by eating better and exercising, and taking his blood pressure medicine. I know it has made him appreciate life so much more now.

I wish you the best as you continue to get stronger and stronger.

Thanks for your support...I am so sorry to hear about your friend's stroke...I am glad to hear that he made a full recovery...it depends where the bleed occurred in the brain how quickly someone recovers, and how quick they get medical attention.....unfortunately, my deficits are much worse than your friend...I almost died...my body had started to shut down...I could not move my entire body when I first had my stroke...and I had to relearn how to walk and talk...so your friend is very lucky that he did not have as many deficits that I had...my weak leg feels like pins and needs and I guess that's nerve pain...I just started to experience this pain...I will talk to my doctor about it...I hear it's common among stroke survivors...what I do in the meantime is bend my legs like I am doing squats and that seem to take the pain away but the tingling and burning sensation occurs every day I just have to do squats daily...... .I would not wish what I went through on my worse enemy... Again I thank you for your support.

Bette B.
on 9/21/15 7:20 pm

Wait a minute. Are you The Artist Formerly Known as Nana B? THAT Naomi??!!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Hislady
on 9/21/15 8:27 pm - Vancouver, WA

That's the one! One and only Nana B. or the other hundred names she used,

Naomi B.
on 9/21/15 10:53 pm, edited 9/21/15 10:54 pm - Hanover, PA
On September 21, 2015 at 7:20 PM Pacific Time, Bette B. wrote:

Wait a minute. Are you The Artist Formerly Known as Nana B? THAT Naomi??!!

Yep that's me ....Bette we've had some knock down drag out fights over the years...but you have always supported me in the time of need....especially when I had to get my lap band replaced...I will hold a special place in my heart for you ....always my favorite bandster 

Bette B.
on 9/22/15 6:54 am

I didn't recognize you at first from your avatar, because the last time I saw yo9u on here, you had back hair. Then I looked closer and was like, "Ohhhhhhhh!"

While I'm sorry to hear what you have gone through,  I'm happy that you are doing so well!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

lynnc99
on 9/21/15 9:22 pm

Wow - what a phenomenal story. Wishing you ALL the best and continued recovery!

Enjoy the trip to Monterey - I was there last week, and the walkway along the bay is just so beautiful it doesn't even seem real. 

Naomi B.
on 9/22/15 6:01 am - Hanover, PA
On September 21, 2015 at 9:22 PM Pacific Time, lynnc99 wrote:

Wow - what a phenomenal story. Wishing you ALL the best and continued recovery!

Enjoy the trip to Monterey - I was there last week, and the walkway along the bay is just so beautiful it doesn't even seem real. 

Thank you for your support ...we will be heading out to the airport in the morning ....it will be my first plane trip since my stroke...I am excited and scared at the same time...Monterrey is beautiful  

Most Active