12 Years Post-Op / Gaining Weight / Out of Control

richarro
on 10/8/15 2:45 pm

I need to reset, and in a serious way. I am looking to find a structured program that includes coaching and someone that I can be accountable to......I also need to retrain myself on what and how to eat. Has anyone ever tried www.weightnot.com? I am interested in hearing feedback from folks that have tried this program.

Chickenboob
on 10/9/15 6:01 am - Rockland, Canada

I am in the same boat with regain. Good for you for getting back on track. I restarted following Atkins. It's pretty close to our early post op menu and I have learned to put protein and non starchy vegetables first again.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

White Dove
on 10/9/15 7:30 am - Warren, OH

Before you spend thousands of dollars on their coaching and supplements, I would do the Adkins 2 week induction plan. Also get a good scale and a fitness tracker and use both daily.

I doubt that you will hear from anyone who has tried WeightNot. Most people are embarrassed to admit that they spent so much money on something that did not work for them.

When you talk to their high pressure sales people and agree to their contract you are immediately on the hook for about $800. Then weekly fees continue during the three weeks it takes for them to ship your package of supplements.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 10/9/15 9:42 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Yikes! And you end up doing pretty much what our preop diet calls for, in the end, anyway.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 10/9/15 12:14 pm - Warren, OH

Grim is so right. I am just under 8 years out and eat protein forward, track my food and exercise and am at my goal weight.

No matter how great the plan is, it is still up to us to follow it and nobody can force you to do that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ladytazz
on 10/9/15 3:38 pm

You are so right as well. All my life I thought I needed the perfect diet. Well, they never did come up with the eat whatever you want, whenever you want in however much you want diet and still loss weight.

They say diets don't work. That's not true. Most diets work. If we stick to them. It's us that don't work the diet. WLS helped me tip the scales a bit in helping me stick with a diet but in the end it is up to us to find the motivation to stick with it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Felicity Q.
on 10/9/15 6:03 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Diets don't work... but making lifelong changes to your eating habits do!

Diets are a temporary change in your eating habits in the attempt to lose weight... so as soon as you stop, any weight loss you had usually comes back.

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

JoeyJo
on 10/12/15 10:38 am, edited 10/12/15 3:38 am - NJ

I bought an UP24 fitness band and learned how to use it before surgery. It is the best thing (other than surgery) that I ever did. I log my food and easily track every day. It calculates total protein, calories, carbs, etc. and it tracks my exercise. I check it throughout the day and add more walking or protein as needed and skip things I do not need in my diet. It buzzes if I sit too long, and you would not believe how much you will hate that buzz and that you will try to prevent it from buzzing. It also tracks your sleep. If I do not get enough sleep, I struggle. It has a coaching function that gives you tips. It tracks your progress so you can look back.

My son likes his FitBit, but I prefer my UP24. Regardless, a fitness band + a tracking app such as UP24 or MyFitnessPal.com are very valuable.

And if you want accountability and coaching, try Weigh****chers. If and when I need motivation and additional accountability, I will go back and take what is applicable to my situation. We don't need their diet, we know what we have to do. It's the motivation and group therapy we can use.

Most Active