Stuck, sick, and in pain

zann50
on 10/10/15 9:52 am

I am PO less than a year....can you explain what it is that stretches the stomas with RNY? Does it just happen over time?

Thank you, and sorry for your problem. Best of luck.

Grim_Traveller
on 10/11/15 4:46 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The Appollo procedure has a horrible, horrible track record. People just get no benefit from it. It won't help with dumping. The only thing yhat will help with dumping is avoiding sugar.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Alyson M.
on 10/14/15 12:52 pm - Dennis Port, MA

I don't eat sugar, I avoid fatty foods, fried foods, dairy, all of which make me dump. I'm at the point where no matter what I eat, I dump. That is why my surgeon is recommending the Apollo, which is going to be done by one of the top surgeons who has a very high success rate with it. But thanks for the input.

310/229/132/160 (highest/current/lowest/goal)

Marble
on 10/16/15 10:21 pm

When did you have it? I had mine two weeks ago. I do hope you are wrong. I cannot believe the docs would perform worthless surgery.

tattitude
on 10/11/15 4:15 am

Any family history of heart problems? How old are you and when was your last EKG? As a female and a Registered Nurse who had a "silent" heart attack, I know that women don't experience the kind of symptoms you see on TV of a heart attack, nor the same as men experience. Not trying to scare you at all but your symptoms concern me greatly.

My only symptoms were sudden onset of nausea and what felt like severe indigestion pain followed by rather intense vomiting. Afterwards I was exhausted for 3 days and still didn't realize what had happened until I had my annual physical which showed I had a heart attack some time in the past year.

Are you experiencing any weakness, extreme fatigue, dizziness, sweating, pain in neck, jaw, shoulders or back? Where exactly is your pain located? Does it come and go or is it constant? If you press on the area that hurts, does the pain get worse? Does taking a deep breath change the pain at all? What, if anything, makes the pain better? Does anything seem to make it worse? What type of pain is it i.e. - sharp, stabbing, dull, achy, throbbing?

Alyson M.
on 10/14/15 12:54 pm - Dennis Port, MA

Zero clue on family medical history since I'm adopted. I saw my PCP on Monday, I'm severely anemic but that's all. None of the other symptoms you described. It finally eased up on Saturday afternoon, I've been completely fine since, aside from my usual dumping whenever I eat anything.

310/229/132/160 (highest/current/lowest/goal)

tattitude
on 10/11/15 4:17 am
Most Active