ZERO CHANCE

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/15 11:05 am, edited 12/6/15 4:29 pm

Hi everybody!!

My name is Gary, and I just got my surgery a few months ago. Thanks

There was something different here, that was very sarcastic and negative. I chose to remove it as I never want to mock this great place, or anyone here. I'm still learning how to just blend in. 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/6/15 11:36 am, edited 12/6/15 3:38 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/15 11:43 am

I'm starting to get a little scared for some of us. I thought by maybe putting something so outlandish up, I could show some of us what not to do, in a language only the truly hopeless could understand.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/6/15 12:02 pm, edited 12/6/15 4:14 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I was a member of the truly hopeless group. I was astonished (no really stupified) when I lost the first 25 pounds.  I remember there being alot to do at the beginning - and I followed my directions, which were generally good.  I complained that I had to take too many pills - 2 multis, 4 calciums, 4 pepcids and I was nauseated for an hour after each.  I was always sick.  When I showed my doctor all the pills I was taking, I was told I do not need to take the Calcium until I stopped taking the pepcid. 

Praise the Lord, that was 4 fewer each day - then I discovered the patches.

Sharon

KWray615
on 12/6/15 7:01 pm
RNY on 11/16/15

Patches?

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/6/15 8:16 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Skin Patch vitamins.  Like a stamp you put on you shoulder each morning and peel off 12 hrs later.

From a recent post of mine:

I had a hard time with vitamins at first.  I would take one and be nauseated for an hour, and this went on for 6 pills a day.  I went to the patch for the first 2 months for multii and calcium(PatchMD.com).   I am now back on the regular chewables with no problem.  Although they taste terrible. Check with your surgeon first, last year the patches were advertised as meeting the ASBMS guidelines, but that has been removed from their packages.

At at year out, I eat the vits with a meal, just so I don't forget.

Sharon

KWray615
on 12/7/15 6:11 pm
RNY on 11/16/15

Oh that's awesome!! Thanks!! Do you just do it one time a day and that's it? I have to take my vitamins twice a day but they keep me up at night! It would be nice to not have to do it twice! I'll ask about them, thank you!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/8/15 9:07 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

One patch a day.  IT'S  FANASTIC - but they longer say the vits meet the ASMBS guidelines, so check with your doctor. 

Sharon

White Dove
on 12/6/15 12:12 pm - Warren, OH

Most people who can't follow the rules still manage to lose their weight, especially when they have a surgery with malabsorption.  Then they have not learned how to live with the surgery, gain their weight back and come here looking into revision.

I have actually been on this board since 2003, although my logon had to be recreated a few years ago.

For the most part, I see the problem as just one of people not being very intelligent.  In school, there were A students and F students and lots of in between.  In weight loss surgery there are people who are smart enough to understand and follow the rules an there are those who are just too stupid.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/15 1:18 pm

I've actually looked for stuff specifically from you in past pages because I liked the way you've informed newb's like me before. I am in the latter of the two students. But I'm learning.

Most Active