Insurance approval

Biglady904
on 1/14/16 10:29 pm

I have aetna and I was wondering what is their approval rate ? I'm nervous 

peachpie
on 1/15/16 5:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

There is literally no way to get a reasonable answer to this. Every insurance company and each case for approval is different. Look over the requirements for your specific health plan and make sure you comply. Then its just a wait and see. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

L. 68
on 1/15/16 12:14 pm

Just my 2 cents,  yes every Insurance is different but it depends on what your job picks in the package..  i just learned that yesterday when i called my insurance main number on the card and they told me to call my human resource coordinator they will know if they pay for the procedures..and what are the requirements.

good luck 

it is a waiting game if you don't know for yourself if you are waiting for the coordinator at your doctors office it will drive you crazy thats why i picked up the phone and got my own answers and then gave it to my doc's coordinator to help her expedite it.  lololoafter all its your insurance and you pay for it.

L. 68
on 1/15/16 12:20 pm

by the way i dont have to do any 6 month nutritional classes i just have to do the pre op and the upper GI xray BArium swallow to see what the condition of my band is in..  Oh i am getting a revision from band to the sleeve.  i have that appointment(UPPER GI) on January 25th once he views the results than he will schedule me for my revision yeahhhhhhh cant wait til the 25th.  

peachpie
on 1/15/16 1:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm an HR manager-- I'd be highly annoyed is the insurance company redirected an employee back to me to tell them what is/is not covered. We negotiate the plan with the company-- they should know just as much- if not BETTER than me. And we pay them to administer the health plan negotiated, the insurance should only need procedure codes to know if they are covered. 

Now if you want to know WHY your job opted not to cover a certain procedure-- then you could ask HR....

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active