Tattoos and skin

Chelsey1127
on 1/6/16 5:00 pm

I'm positive this subject has been talked about millions of times but I'm gonna ask anyways.

I know with the surgery your skin loosens and some people are able to tighten their skin and some aren't. Some people have tattoos and they look ok after surgery (depending on location of course) and some don't. 

Heres as my question: I have a full sleeve on one arm and it's mostly done except for coloring on my upper arm (outline and shading already completed). Should I get the color out in before the surgery so if anything loosens, it'll be the same "constancy"  as the remaining completed portion of the tattoo or should I wait until many months/year after surgery once my skin has semi regained itself to where it's going to be?

obviously there's a lot of stretching going to happen and bouncing back. I pre planned on my tattoos and made sure they weren't in the areas where "the most damage" would appear (thighs, under arms, sides, stomach). My mother has a few tattoos that look ok and she's gotten recent ones as well and the new ones look great. 

Im just curious if anyone has dealt with this?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/6/16 8:53 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Have you asked your tattoo artist for his/her opinion? Surely s/he has plenty of experience with skin stretching and design integrity.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Chelsey1127
on 1/6/16 10:14 pm

I actually just asked her today :) she's out of state and only comes this way every few months to work on previous/new clients. So I'm hoping to here back from her as well. The more info/experience I get from both professionals and everyday people, will help :)

Most Active