Is there a Ready-To-Drink unflavored protein that you use ~ to add to coffee/soups, etc?

LisaDouglas
on 2/4/16 11:55 am - In The Country , NY
Hi Everyone ~
I had my RNY eight years ago. Got to my goal weight and stayed there for about two years. Then I thought I was "normal" and could eat/drink like everyone else. I have gained 35 lbs. I'm not still gaining. I gained the 35 lbs. quickly and stayed there for the past six years. I'm still down 90 lbs. which I never would have been able to do without the surgery. But I know I can do better, and I am working on losing that weight gain. I remember what an invaluable tool Obesity Help was back then. So here I am again! I am looking for a Ready-To-Drink unflavored protein that I can use in soups and coffee -- something that won't affect flavor and won't clump. Does such a thing exist???
emelar
on 2/4/16 11:58 am - TX

Nope.  Even the unflavored have a taste, and not a particularly good one.  For soups, Unjury has a chicken soup protein powder.  For coffee, I use one of the flavored powders and dissolve it in room temp water before pouring my coffee in.  It won't clump that way.  But there's nothing that's flavorless.

White Dove
on 2/4/16 1:07 pm - Warren, OH

No, unflavored protein tastes like sour milk and makes everything you put it in taste nasty.  They flavor it to try to hide some of that.  Why in the world do you think you need protein powder?  At eight years out you should be able to eat meals and get your protein from food.

Adding protein powder now is just adding more calories and will probably make you gain more weight.

If you really want to lose the weight, you can only do it by counting calories. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MickeyDee
on 2/6/16 6:00 pm

I just use nonfat dried milk because I like milk in my coffee.

It doesn't clump and has 8 grams of protein per scoop, and you don't have to manipulate the temperatures, etc.

For soups, use any unflavored protein powder;  I found a one lb package at GNC that worked for me.

LisaDouglas
on 2/9/16 2:48 pm - In The Country , NY
Thanks for the feedback!!
Most Active