And the winner is....

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/16 8:49 am

Good Morn Lad's and Lassie's all,

What a day for a victory speech. I DID IT! 200 pounds off as of this very glorious morning. 8 months ago I was a mere fookie (fake-ass rookie). Now, I can report I AM DONE!!! Finally!! All of the upkeep, weighing, supplements, walking/jogging, DONE!!! YAY!!

I want to thank all of the wonderful people at the academy...of OH, the vets, my team of doctors at FHC, my family oh last but not least, my wonderful family. It's been a long road we've walked, but finished it is!!! OVER!

I feel myself walking down a metaphorical path towards a wonderful finish line. I can see all of those who've trod this weary path before me, all standing there as if waiting for me to FINISH this race. As I am preparing my acceptance speech into "normalcy" again, I can begin to make out the letters on the banner I'm about to cross. Oh The foods I'll have again. 

I'm seeing the banner almost clearly now. "Great job Gary" It'll read I imagine...There it is.."Main" OOh the first word coming clear "Maintenance" ...Okay.."Start Line"...MAINTENANCE STARTING LINE"!!!

OH FU#K!! 

LizTlilwitchy
on 4/23/16 8:54 am - Cincinnati, OH
VSG on 05/06/16

And you are an amazing inspiration to a NOOB like me! 

Liz T

5'7" HW: 280, Pre-Op:280, SW:262, M1:-24, M2: In Progress, CW:238  Surgery: VSG on 5/06/16

"Do it until you want to do it."  "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~ Maya Angelou

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/16 10:37 am, edited 4/23/16 3:36 am

Thank you. But, I'm a noob myself. 8 years old today. The vets might remember my "WLS age calculator". I'm glad you got my sarcasm. 

Have a great day 

LizTlilwitchy
on 4/23/16 10:43 am - Cincinnati, OH
VSG on 05/06/16

Gary, I have read quite a few of your posts, and I really admire your sense of humor and humility.  I can so relate to your sarcasm also.  I have been knocked on the head a few times myself and they were mostly teachable moments (if I paid enough attention to them!)  I am not always a quick learner... sometimes I have to make the same mistake more than once before I catch on!  I do consider you someone that I look up to as having gone before!  i want to learn as much as I can from the Vets, because I want this to be my all-time best effort!  You have done an amazing job and I congratulate you!  Keep on keeping on!

Liz

Liz T

5'7" HW: 280, Pre-Op:280, SW:262, M1:-24, M2: In Progress, CW:238  Surgery: VSG on 5/06/16

"Do it until you want to do it."  "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~ Maya Angelou

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/16 8:58 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Congrats on a job well done!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/16 10:39 am

Thank you. Love the pup!

Have a great day!

White Dove
on 4/23/16 9:02 am - Warren, OH

Amazing job

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/16 10:41 am

Thank you White Dove. I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope you have a great day.

Cheryl Denomy
on 4/23/16 9:17 am - Oshawa, Canada

Congratulations, my friend, on clearing the first hurdle -- and learning so much about yourself in the process.

Now onward, ever onward ... we're waiting for you just up around the next bend.

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/16 10:43 am

Thank you Cheryl. It's very easy to do when others have had to make the path I'm following. Persons like you.

Have the best day.

Most Active