zyflammend

hteadtbear
on 5/3/16 8:43 am
RNY on 09/01/15

Hello,

since I have had the RNY I cant take NSAID's for arthritis.  Although It is getting better with weight loss I do still have some issues with arthritis. 

My Chiropractor told me to ask my Dr about trying zyflammend, it is a natural herb the is a anti-inflammatory. 

I asked my Dr she said she has not heard of it before but in reading about it she found it is herb based so suggested I cook with it.

Have any of you out there had any experience with this zyflammend? 

Deanna798
on 5/3/16 8:59 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I just looked and it only comes in a soft gel cap.  Will out bodies even absorb it?  I tried looking for a dry version and couldn't find anything.  It's a mix of herbs, I'm sure you could get all of it on it's own dry.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/4/16 8:24 am

This are herbs that show good results in controlling inflammation.  It is an extract of these herbs. Cooking with them is also good idea, but to be able to get the qty to be equvalent to the extract in those pills you would need to eat a huge qty of food.

It looks like they use some oil to preserve the extract, plus some of extracts are oil soluble, so oil is needed. 

We malabsorb some oils, so you may have an issue with some absorbtion, so you may need to take more to be effective. 

Some herbal extracts - in pill form, or added to foods,  - irritate my pouch - so be aware of that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/4/16 8:29 am

Also:you can get the herbs in dry form - but to get equivalent to the potency and combination - you probably would need to take 20-30 dry pills at a time, plus dry herbs are not as potent as extracts, plus they oxidize as they age..(few months) and lose their medicinal potency. Thats why a lot of "herbal" supplements available in places like Wal-Mart or CVS are useless... 

Fyi: I know a lot about herbs because I have been studying then and industry (in my free time) for last 18 years... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hteadtbear
on 5/4/16 9:33 am
RNY on 09/01/15

Thank you so much!!!

Most Active