Plastic Surgeon

Felicia O'Connor
on 5/31/16 11:26 am - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

Went to see the Plastic surgeon... been having skin issues and i went to dr to see i if can be medically necessary to be removed. Tummy issue. Look good, took pictures and i gave her some that I had with my issue. Now just to wait and see. Anyone just get a panniculectomy? Do you regret not getting a tummy tuck??? I got quoted 7500.00 for tummy tuck. Let me know your views. 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/31/16 11:57 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

How old r u

R u done having children

I will assume your appearance would justify the tt, but want to know if it's worth the additional cost.

If you are under 45 and no more children planned - eat beans for the next 2 years and get it all done at one time.  If ins will pay for the panni - it might not be the whole $7500.  You might not be happy with just the panni, and then you'll end  up spending more to get the rest done later.

Sharon

Felicia O'Connor
on 5/31/16 12:05 pm - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

I am 45. No more children. My upper part of my body, im ok with. Its that pouch i cannot stand.I had a C section in 93.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/31/16 12:18 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Was your surg able to show you pixs of other patients that are similar to you with just the panni and with the full tt?  I am having other PS and that helped me decide which parts I really needed.  Also, I took photos of me with and without clothes to see if things were as bad as I thought (they were much worse).  It also might look different after you lose that last few pounds.

Sharon

Felicia O'Connor
on 5/31/16 12:37 pm - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

You know she did not show me any other pictures at all of other people. She did tell me a tummy tuck would be better option. I know I need this done, and my mind is made up. I am having skin irritations. Its needed. If approved Insurance will cover it. Just not the tummy tuck one. I also took pictures of myself as well. I only have a few more pounds to go, and ive tried to exercise that part of my body and no changes. This is my last option. Thanks so much for everyones insight. I would love to hear from anyone that has had the surgery. 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/31/16 12:50 pm, edited 5/31/16 5:54 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Despite what people think and say, exercise (or actually the increased muscle mass from exercising) only takes up about 10% of the excess skin and the amount of excess skin is not dependent on how fast you lost the wt - the biggest factors are age, genetics, how large one was, and for how long. 

If ins covers the panni, then it would only be ~ maybe half more (or less than) do to the tt (there is pre-op blood work and EKG that you would also not need to redo).  I would start saving now.  You are young enough to enjoy a good outcome.  

For me, the last 20 pounds made a HUGE difference in how I look - and esp the last 7-10.  But that may be different for everyone.   

You can also go on youtube and see many before and after journeys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TgqF64Jb6s

Just the lipo and skin removal (no musc work) is a min-tt.  I don;t think the panni would get the lipo.  Just another option.

Good luck - you still have time to decide and you can see another surgeon and get a second op

Sharon

Felicia O'Connor
on 5/31/16 12:54 pm - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

Yes I will have to have all the pre op work that my PC doctor can do. If I do get approved for the Panni then I would pay for the remainder surgery. Ive been saving for a few years, so the money is not the issue. Thanks...i am gonna check out you tube for that. I only have 14 pounds that i need to lose. So lets hope its gone by surgery time.

Most Active