Food I have been eating

Tdheason
on 8/4/16 1:32 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

First, I hate ALL seafood.

I eat beef stew (just beef), hummus, baked chick peas, I have tried the cheese bake from eggface, refried beans with cheese and sour cream, chicken breast, fried egg with cheese on top, dried cheerios, chicken salad, egg salad.  That's pretty much it.

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/16 2:06 pm - CA

First off, I want to say that every surgeon and program are different as to what they tell you to eat.  But, did they give you a post op diet to follow?    I had surgery in 2001 and the program had little dietary guidance.  But, I was given things to avoid and things to not eat or try to eat during each phase.   For five weeks out, you are eating somethings that are normal for someone at your stage and other things you should not be, since your stomach is still healing.   

With the beef and chicken have you had any problems with the food getting stuck?

Kick the sour cream aside.  You don't need it, it only adds calories and fat to your diet and will stall your weight.   If you need some cream for the beans and cheese, try plain greek yogurt.  Less calories and more protein 

Dry cheerios are just simple carbs.   Get rid of those.  Try crisping up some Turkey Pepperoni in the microwave and eat that.  Its protein and has some crunch to it.   

I highly suggest not frying anything.   Not only does it add calories when you fry it in butter or some other oil, but it can dry the egg out and will be hard to get down, sometimes.   Try poached with some reduced fat cheddar cheese on top, or just plain salt and pepper.   

Early post op for me, I loved egg salad and chicken salad.  Good source of protein and can be ate over several meals/days.  But, I do understand why you are bored.   

Try Greek Yogurt for snacks. 

Cut string cheese into dime rounds and place in microwave to crisp up. 

Do a soft scramble egg with turkey sausage and salsa.

Try cottage cheese with salsa. 

Roll up some turkey deli meat and lite swiss for lunch 

Those are just a few suggestions,  I am sure you can find some more suggestions if you do a search or maybe go to the Recipe Forum, as well as others that will answer will have some input. 

Good luck

~Nik

Tdheason
on 8/4/16 2:20 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

Thanks for the post and ideas.

Lovely_Caprice
on 8/4/16 3:34 pm

This is extremely helpful.  Thank you.  I'm getting my RNY on 9 September, so I took notes for the future.

cheapskate
on 8/4/16 9:20 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

Hormel makes a great beanless turkey chili 

Plain greek yogurt is super easy to dress up. I might mix in a half a scoop of protein powder. Or a serving of salsa or a serving of taco seasoning. Sometimes I put in some cinnamon plus and splenda. 

Baked beans with cottage cheese

I love any kind of meat patty with a fried egg on top

Most Active