Throwing out food/ 3 week stall

AMAZEBALLS
on 8/31/16 5:02 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

No better feeling than finally loosing after a stall. I was stalled at 202lbs and just wanted to be in Onederland, which I reached on Sunday

I have 2 toddlers and I am so happy I have changed my eating habits before they could be passed on to them. One of the many reasons I had surgery!

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

rachelp
on 8/31/16 6:40 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I saw your post about onederland. Congrats on reaching that goal!! It's a major accomplishment and I will be so happy when I reach it one day! 

My husband is not obese but teaching him new habits is still hard. I have to get on to him when he tells the kids they can have a hotpocket as a snack!! A hotpocket is a meal, not a snack!!!

Daffodilgirl
on 8/31/16 11:56 am

Way to go on breaking the "save the food" cycle.  I find myself saving because we always have 7 or 8 people eating at our house and I figure it can be heated up for one of the kids if need be.  

Congratulations on breaking the stall.  When I hit my stall I really thought my surgery was a flop and hadnt worked .  I had read about the stall and had been warned by my surgeon but until you go thru it, you really think its not going to happen to you lol. 

rachelp
on 8/31/16 12:18 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

Thank you! I will still save leftovers because we are a family of 5 but I was so bad that I wanted to save the actual food I was eating too! Every.little.bit. I have to keep telling myself over and over "you don't have to finish everything on you plate!". Not that I can but I still catch myself trying to fit those last 2 bites in. 

MickeyDee
on 8/31/16 5:43 pm

Old-timer here;  surgery in 2005.

I had to laugh about "the last two bites" syndrome.  I quickly recovered from that when I realized it would lead to a very distressing result:  the foamies and the need to get rid of the excess.  

I was very happy to learn about the "Runny Nose" signal.  I found that it was a great signal to stop putting food into my piehole.  I'm 11 years out and that still works!

And no, there's nobody that wants the last two bites of your dinner, not even the starving children in Africa.

rachelp
on 9/1/16 7:37 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Bahahaha!!!! When my husband and I were dating, I knew he really loved me when he would give me his "best" bites! Last night he cooked a brisket and was cutting it up. I ate a piece and was full. But as he was cutting it the burnt ends were falling off and in the past I would stand there and pick all the shredded pieces and eat them. Not anymore! It's not worth the pain!

My nose does run when I eat & drink but it seems to start immediately. I'm going to really start paying attention to see when it starts.  

MickeyDee
on 9/1/16 7:55 am

Yep--"paying attention" is important.  Our little pouches are soooo much smaller than we're used to with our "normal" stomachs so we do have to focus on ourselves.

Good luck!

MeanStreak88
on 9/2/16 7:23 am - Opelika, AL

I grew up just like that. "Finish your food or you cant do ...whatever". "We cant afford to waste food". Unfortunately most of the time it was  crap I didn't like. But come fried chicken night it was a different story! LOL

Most Active