Surgery pushed back

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 9/7/16 6:44 am
Revision on 03/14/18

im so bummed. I was suppose to be having my surgery today ( sleeve) but yesterday they pushed it back to the 12th because I am not completely over this thrush. I had and EGD done August 26 and two days later I developed thrush. I got in with my pcp right away and she gave my the mycelex troches, which only cured about 50% of the thrush. So yesterday my surgeon switched me to Nystatin to see if that will help. I've worked to hard for almost a year to have this happen. I've never had thrush before and I'm trying everything I can to get rid of it. I'm on the liquid diet phase of my pre op and having being doing Kiefer and Greek yogurt to help. I hope this works because I don't want to have to keep putting this off. I'm so devastated right now. ?

rachelp
on 9/7/16 7:31 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I'm so sorry! I would be crushed too. I'm one of those people that have to have everything done right away. I can't stand waiting! You are right...you have waited so long for this so try to keep positive! You don't want any complications post-op so this is a good thing to get cleared up beforehand. Hang in there!   

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Kathy S.
on 9/7/16 8:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It's understanding you would be disappointed, but it's better to delay a week or two instead of ending up with complications that could put your health in danger.  Use the time to cement all the things you need to do during your journey.  Keep us posted!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/7/16 8:51 am
RNY on 08/05/19

That's awful that you have to wait... but it's super important to have it treated! Your body is going to take a LOT of healing after surgery, and you want your body to be ready to focus on taking care of that, rather than trying to fight off the thrush. Healing is hard work!

Sending good healing thoughts your way :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

RNY on 12/22/14

I regret that you're dealing with a delay.  Is there any thing else you can do to get prepared??  Or get something taken care of that you won't have to worry about after surgery??

Sharon

Most Active