I have a date!!!!

AmandaB9780
on 1/31/17 10:30 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Awesome to find more Crazy Softball Moms! My Kelsi is 10 (11 in March). My Kelsi is in her second year of 10U travel. We did the rotate thing for the first 2 years of 8U, but pretty much kept them in the same spot for the third year. She tried her hand at 3rd last year, but did not like it as much as catching. She's super fast so she also loves being at center, tracking and snagging, which is where she is when she's not catching. Like a lot of moms at that age group though, I looked at the outfield as a punishment. However, as they're getting older, I see that it's definitely not. 

I think it's important to rotate them when they're young too, that way they get a feel for everything and can eventually find their "home". My niece is a catcher in college so from the moment Kels first swung a bat, she's wanted to be a catcher just like her cousin. Luckily, it's worked out that not only is she built for it (tall and strong), she's not too bad either.

How does your daughter like 3rd? Is this her first or second year of 8U? Is softball crazy competitive where you're at?

rachelp
on 1/31/17 12:08 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

She likes 3rd a lot and she also likes to play 1st base too. She's only 7 (first year 8U) but she is tall. Yeah, I do like that they move them around so they find their spot. This is only her second season overall. We started her last year. She is best known for her hitting...pretty much in the out field every time. The city we live in isn't very competitive so we moved her to the league in the next town over. They are CRAZY competitive!  

AmandaB9780
on 1/31/17 12:41 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

That's awesome that she's a great hitter! Reaching outfield at that age is pretty darn impressive! If she has that natural ability this early, keep nurturing it because it will only get stronger and make her more dominant of a player. Does she play both Spring and Fall Ball?

Kelsi is a slugger as well. That was how we discovered Kelsi was such a natural. My husband had just wrapped up his last season of coaching baseball with my stepson. When we got home she got out a bucket of balls and started batting them around the yard. I was stunned by how far they were going! I went yelling for my husband and he didn't believe me at first, but once he came outside he was like "Well, looks like we've got ourselves another baller!" That made him so happy because he loves coaching! 

rachelp
on 1/31/17 1:38 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

My husband wants to coach so bad but his scheduled is too crazy. It's funny because we have 2 older boys that we tried in baseball when they were little and they never got into it. My husband was a major baseball lover growing up so he was so disappointed. The first game we saw her play I told him Well, you got your ball player!

Yes, we had her in Fall ball this last Fall. That's when we moved her to this other league.

Lipsticklady
on 1/31/17 10:25 am
VSG on 05/14/13

That's super exciting!  And you are having surgery at the perfect time.  This coming summer is going to be a blast for you.  So many experiences are going to open back up for you.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

AmandaB9780
on 1/31/17 10:32 am
RNY on 03/07/17

It is! With all the walking at some of these tournaments, I should actually be able to walk without feeling like I'm running a marathon. lol.

Kathy S.
on 1/31/17 1:06 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WOOHOO! WE ARE DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

AmandaB9780
on 2/2/17 5:31 am
RNY on 03/07/17

That's awesome!

Most Active