Serious question but an odd one, I know... NSV? Kind of?

Lipsticklady
on 2/20/17 4:46 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

So now that I am a former fatty, I often get stuck sitting in the corner or in the tighter spot when I go out to dinner with friends.  I have noticed that some restaurants like Cheesecake Factory put their tables so close together you're practically eating with strangers.

Not only am I no longer fat, but I am pretty short.  When exiting the table, I find that I have to squeeze through at times and I never know if I should put my ass towards the people next to me or my genie.  Due to my height, my junk in the trunk or in the front is almost always perfectly level with the table.

I'm thrilled that I fit, but it was a lot less awkward (in that respect) when I had to sit in the fat girl seat.  Which way do you face when you squeeze through?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Beth C.
on 2/20/17 5:01 pm
VSG on 01/19/17

I always put my butt, so I don't have to look at the strangers as I squeeze. 

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Readyjwc
on 2/20/17 5:11 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

I put my derriere so I don't have to look at them.

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 5:49 pm

Stop using the word fat. 

Lipsticklady
on 2/20/17 6:16 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 21, 2017 at 1:49 AM Pacific Time, 3Bassethounds wrote:

Stop using the word fat. 

Serious question.  Why?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 6:48 pm, edited 2/20/17 10:54 am

I just know it can be a very hurtful word. It is degrading. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 8:51 pm, edited 2/21/17 7:36 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Fat is fat. I am fat and I own it! God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Freedom of speech.  

Gwen M.
on 2/21/17 5:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You might want to refresh your memory on what Freedom of Speech means.  Here's a handy explanation in cartoon form if that helps -- https://xkcd.com/1357/

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 1:03 pm, edited 2/21/17 5:08 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Being honest with myself has been and is a huge part of my recovery.  God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change ....  I strive to live by this prayer.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 1:29 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Wowza!  

If one wants to think me an asshole and "show me the door" because I know I was fat, I consider myself a former fatty, and keep myself in check by recognizing my potential to be fat again, so be it.  

Doesn't mean I'll leave OR change my choice of words.  :)