What do you look forward to post wls?

mute
on 2/25/17 7:26 am
RNY on 03/23/15

YES T COME TO OHIO lol. Cedar Point has awesome roller coasters if you like big ones (which I do!) and I haven't been back there since my weight loss, I can't wait to go back! Ohio does have some cool stuff... (Like us lol)

White Dove
on 2/25/17 8:01 am - Warren, OH

Cedar Point is the world's Roller Coaster capital and in land-locked Ohio is also America's Roller Coast. 

The best day to go is Friday before Memorial Day.  The kids are still in school and there are very short lines.  One year I went with a group of co-workers on that day and we rode everyone of the 16 coasters twice.

We could have a fantastic meet-up there.

My husband hated roller coasters too.  My son tolerated them, but was always afraid.  In Ohio it is traditional to go to Cedar Point the day after prom.  My son told me one year that he was skipping prom because he did not want to have to go to Cedar Point and impress the girl by riding roller coasters.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/25/17 11:22 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ooh Cool! I'm down for Ohio, the rollercoaster capital! Anyone else? Gina?, Cynthia?, Julie?, John?, Julia? Hell we were talking about meeting up anyway & I'd just love to meet up again & see some new folks.

Now when I go in to work tonight I can look up the hotels & tourist stuff.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

White Dove
on 2/25/17 12:17 pm - Warren, OH

It is about 8 hours but almost all turnpike on Interstate 80.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/25/17 4:40 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Thanks, Good to know. I'm debating on whether or not to drive there on my long swing, or fly in & rent a car.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

Renee C.
on 2/24/17 7:36 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

I seem to be OK just fitting into rides now, so I think what I'm looking forward to most:

• Running!!  (I used to be a runner and it's just too hard on my body at this weight; I injure myself every time)
  • Kayaking -- I'm afraid of tipping over
  • Hiking -- this is a big one.  Being able to go up the steeper hills and for longer distances.  Last summer the weight I was carrying was just too much for more than about 3 miles and negligible elevation gains.  I'm hoping this summer will start to be different and next summer I hope I'm at goal and it's just a matter of training!
  • Cycling -- same thing with hills.  I just have the hardest time hauling myself up hills...
  • Getting rid of the bi-pap machine would be AMAZING -- could go camping way more easily not to mention snuggling more with the spousal unit.
  • ENERGY ENERGY ENERGY  -- I need more of it!  This may also include getting my iron levels up, as they are crazy low.  I'm working on that piece too.
  • Shopping at normal stores, of course!

So much to look forward to when at the beginning of the journey...

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

seattledeb
on 2/24/17 8:31 pm

I loved being able to walk all day at Disney Land for 4 days and ride all the rides. Actually I was braver than my son. He's kinda a roller coaster weenie.

5 years and a month ago I got a kidney transplant because I had lost the weight necessary to get on the list. When that phone call came it was one of the best moments of my life.

Amy R.
on 2/25/17 8:07 am

I remember when you were off the boards for a while with your transplant Deb!  I'm so very glad you got one.  And I hope it has helped you feel much better!

One of my younger brothers got a kidney in January.  He feels so great that I'm afraid he's going to over do it.  :P

But yes, an organ transplant has to be one of the greatest NSV's ever!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/25/17 11:32 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ditto Amy R, its gotta be one of the greatest nsv yet, losing enough weight to get a kidney transplant. Getting an organ that will save your life. I'm so glad you're still here. 

A friend from work also got wls to help him health wise, he's on dialysis, he also lost a lot of weight. 

One good thing about wls is being healthy enough to donate an organ. I'm glad to be able to do that now, it was kinda iffy/no go pre wls.

Meggles07
on 2/24/17 8:36 pm - Canada

One of my WLS bucket list items was to go on a rollercoaster that goes upside down. I had never been on one, and would never have tried for fear of the harness/straps breaking, or getting to the front of the line and being told I wouldn't fit. Last March we went to Disney and Universal in Florida and my siblings took me on the Rockin' Rollercoaster. I am told that we went upside-down, but I can't be sure because I was screaming and had my eyes closed the whole time. I probably should have mentioned I'm not one for rollercoasters. Next time I will stick to Peter Pan and It's a Small World ;)

Meg~

Most Active