What do you look forward to post wls?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 5:24 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

There were so many things that I looked forward to once I lost the weight. Being in better health was at the top of the list. However a fun thing I wanted to do was ride a rollercoaster & it was so much fun! Its so great knowing that I can fit the seat!

So what do you look forward to?

Below is a couple of the rides I went on. I'm so looking forward to summer!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

peachpie
on 2/24/17 6:05 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Last year I went canoeing with me sons for my birthday. I used  to always think I'd tip a canoe over when SMO. This year I think we'll try Kayaking! 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Pokemom
on 2/24/17 6:25 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I love to kayak, and in my experience, kayaks are much much more stable than canoes.  Happy paddling!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 6:35 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ooh, looks like fun! I always wanted to try white water rafting, especially since now I don't think I'll sink the raft. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

seattledeb
on 2/24/17 8:51 pm

I did the kayak with my son during a stop on an Alaskan cruise. It was cold,wet, rainy,and generally miserable. The only other Kayak was a couple from Canada who we were sure were on the Olympic team.

I'm afraid I've turned us both off to kayaking. We still canoe.

mute
on 2/24/17 6:27 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

T we have the same one and at the same place! My present to myself was as you know Harry Potter land as I call it lol. I was so excited to ride the rides and it lived up to my expectations. I can't wait for Cedar Point this year. 

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 6:33 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ooh it was so fun! I can't wait to go back! I'm aiming for October this time. I want to see the park during Halloween time. I had a park hopper ticket so I went on both rides a couple of times.  For now I'm looking online at the rides at 6 flags.

mute
on 2/24/17 6:36 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

That's when I went last year! Their Halloween event was amazing!!

i really want to travel more this upcoming year!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 6:40 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Me too! I'd like to go to Disneyworld too & the Kennedy space center. Disney world is a little out of reach this year, but I'd sure would go back to Disneyland if I can swing it money wise.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 6:53 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I kept putting off taking my little boy  to Disney and Universal because I knew I was too fat to ride on the rides with him.  I was also worried about walking around the parks all day in the heat.  

I always said that I was waiting for my son to be the "perfect age" -- but really, I was just lying to myself about my reasons why I kept putting it off.

Your kid only gets one childhood.

It was a joyful event when we took him last year -- completely surprised him -- to both Disney and Universal.  We told him we were going to Gettysburg for a history show.  He was happy enough about that, but he kept questioning why we were headed south instead of east.  His father and I pretended we were lost -- then we pretended that since we'd gone the wrong way -- we'd just "see where the car ends up!"  He thought that was fun and didn't even question anything when 13 hours later we were in Florida.  We even stayed that night in Orlando -- thought that seeing Disney billboards and stuff would tip him off... We told him we were going to visit his great grandma in the nursing home there and then driving home.  He was happy about that idea.

You cannot imagine his face when our trip to the nursing home ended in the Disney lot!  It was priceless.  (BTW, we DID go visit his great grandma while we were there, too.)

I rode every single ride with him at Disney and at Universal.  I'd like to say that riding the rides and fitting was the best part -- but truly, it was the memories I didn't have to miss out on that were really priceless.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active