Obesity Help site is soo much nicer!!

AngAng
on 4/13/17 6:24 am

Hi everyone. I'm not new to this site or this topic, sadly I had given up hope. I got back on the wagon and decided to continue to pursue looking to get this dreaded Lap Band removed. Finally finally my new insurance is going to cover it! Since I found out the good news I have been searching for a Weight Loss Forum that was supportive and truly interested in what each other have to say! I have found it! This place is soo much more friendly than other sites I have been too.

I posted a question about RNY and not a response or a view.. just crickets... chirp chirp Unless you are a Super experienced RNY person, you don't count.

Anyway. Thank you for being so kind, right away.

I have to set up my statistics.. how do I do that? Thank you all.

AngAng

Revision Lap Band to RNY Approved 5/10/17 Surgery Date 6/6/2017

Laura in Texas
on 4/13/17 6:44 am

Are you saying this site is not responsive? HERE is your post on the RNY forum. I count 7 replies.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Erin T.
on 4/13/17 7:09 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I think she's saying that she posted elsewhere and received no responses.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

AngAng
on 4/13/17 10:00 am

Not at all. I said that this site IS so nice and responsive. Sorry for the confusion.

Notaboutperfect
on 4/13/17 7:39 am
VSG on 11/08/16

Welcome AngAng! I have also found most of the people here very helpful and kind.

I'm not an expert on the profile, but I'm sure others will offer help.

rachelp
on 4/13/17 9:16 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Welcome! I love it here!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

CC C.
on 4/13/17 9:17 am

Welcome!

Eggface
on 4/13/17 9:30 am - Sunny Southern, CA

After all these years post surgery I always return to OH for support, inspiration and motivation.

Best wishes with your band removal and this next phase in your weight loss journey. I have a lot of pals that have had both band removal to bypass &/or vsg and have been so very happy. Hope you will feel the same.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

AngAng
on 4/13/17 9:41 am

I said... that this place is supportive and truly interested in our fellow WLS'er.

thank you for making this a comfortable place to ask questions.

Since a co worker expressed to me that with a RNY you are not able to control your weight loss, I am truly getting nervous. She said you will lose most of your hair, look very sickly for the first 8 months and struggle with many foods. She felt weak, nauseaus and drained. Yiles. Is this the norm?

Eggface
on 4/13/17 10:23 am, edited 4/13/17 3:25 am - Sunny Southern, CA

RNY is a malabsorptive procedure which is a double edged sword... it assists weight loss and helps resolve health issues it also requires lifelong supplementation and vigilance (labs, vitamins) so when you sign on the dotted line you can't slack on those or deficiencies are certainly possible and can be dangerous. It's easier to catch a blimp in labs and adjust then dig yourself out of a deficiency so keep up your labs annually.

I think I look younger & healthier post RNY I had so many health issues and they were ALL resolved post surgery. LOL you can be the judge... before and after I can take it ;)

Any weight loss surgery (in fact any surgery, trauma, stress, etc.) can cause telogen effluvium (minor hair loss) if it happens, it's only a couple of months (month 4-6 usually) and it's increased hair loss (we lose hair all the time) not most. I had some noticeable to me thinning but just as I started to worry I could feel new growth and it came in thicker, healthier than before.

Foods are trial and error in the beginning... some lay heavy but if you try again in a few weeks they usually work out.

I was tired for a few weeks post-op (just not getting the level of nutrition you are used to) but then... ENERGIZER BUNNY!

Hope that helps ease your mind a bit. Best wishes with your research.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active