HELP

hollykim
on 5/21/17 6:17 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 20, 2017 at 11:21 PM Pacific Time, Kimmi23 wrote:

I am 6 yrs August 2017 out from gastric sleeve surgery.

I never met goal by 10 libs,but doc saud i didnt need to lose any more.

I started going up and down by 10 lbs not knowing why but at least it would go down. And now I'm up 16.4 lbs and it won't budge.

I've done 5 day pouch test and at times it seemed to be working and at other times it didn't.

I am literally truly hungry 30 minutes after eating.

Today I ate 6.4 oz white tuna and handful of almonds and never had the full feeling.

TERRIFIED

HELP!!!

I'm supposed to have plastic surgery to remove skin but not wanting to when I'm 16.4 lbs up and,doing at a disadvantage with the extra weight.

dehydration mimics hunger. Make sure you are drinking minimum 64 oz a day.

Kimmi23
on 5/22/17 12:08 pm

Thanks hollykim for input. I definitely get my water in. No problem there.

Gwen M.
on 5/22/17 12:19 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you drinking with meals?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kimmi23
on 5/22/17 12:28 pm

No drinking with meals. 30 minutes b4 and after, sometimes longer, no drinking.

Kimmi23
on 5/23/17 9:57 am

Thanks. I do.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/22/17 12:40 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Forget the 5 day pouch test; liquids will not satisfy you.

Fish is not dense protein; many people report that they can eat much larger portions of fish than, say, beef.

Have you considered the five day meat test?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kimmi23
on 5/23/17 9:59 am

Going back to basics.

Meat

Good veggies

Cheese

Yogurt

Kimmi23
on 5/26/17 9:23 pm

Did. Haven't lost an ounce. Gonna keep trying the meat thing. But getting really scared. 16lbs on me looks like 30.

Ugggg

Eggface
on 5/23/17 3:43 pm, edited 5/23/17 8:45 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I'm sorry if I missed this in early replies... but have you added a medication, changed a dosage, birth control, antidepressants and tons of other drugs have weight gain as a side effect. I'd get in to get my labs done and just rule out anything else. I think we (collective we, not you in particular) can fall into blaming everything after WLS on WLS and often it's completely unrelated.

I don't have anything to add on the food other than... I think you have to find your balance and what works for you. Lifestyle will change things from person to person dramatically. I love to cook, others not so much... my plan won't work for them and vice versa... it might be something to think about getting an appt with a dietitian (familiar w/ bariatric post-ops), a good one will ask you really detailed questions and really create a plan that makes sense for you. Usually not covered by insurance unfortunately :( Grrr

Sometimes I have hungrier days... I meal plan for the day and rarely eat off that... there is something to be said for going rogue or off script on a day... that's a conscience choice you have made... if you don't have a plan for the day it's easier to eat off of feelings and emotions and hunger... ultimately I just don't feed the beast ;) no matter how much she growls at me LOL. Brush your teeth/eat a mint nothing tastes good after that... bottle of water... some activity... dance break 3-4 songs on Spotify and I forget I'm hungry.

Best,

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Kimmi23
on 5/26/17 9:19 pm

Divorce happened. New meds but didn't gain weight after getting on them. Never been emotional water. Until divorce was final. Just can't get the weight I gained to budge.

Most Active