Kathy S WLS Journey - Approved!

Kathy S.
on 6/23/17 1:35 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I Am Approved!!!!!

July 3, 2004

Well I am in shock I think... Not sure what I feel. After reading all the post about how insurance approval can be a nightmare I can't believe mine was approved a little of 24 hours. My surgeon's office called to say they faxed over the documentation on Monday June 28th. I got a letter yesterday saying I am approved and it was dated June 29th. Gosh, how can one be excited and scared to death at the same time? This is something I must do for my health and happiness. I am sure the surgeon will be calling next week with a date for surgery. I wonder how fast it will be. I have to deal with work once I have a surgery date. I hope they are not going to give me a hard time about my disability. God bless the person that approved my case.

Updated thought - Trust me this is not the norm. It usually takes a longer period of time. When this happen so fast I was really scared to death. I kept thinking I am not ready for this, it's happening too fast. But then again it had been 18 months since my first step to having surgery. I went to a seminar and when my husband and I walked out I told him those people are "NUTS". Who cuts their stomach and intestines. LOL ME! I proceeded to lose over 60 pounds (again) and gained 90. I had to face it I could not do this by myself.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active