I don't know if I can do this!!

Cheryl Denomy
on 8/25/17 11:48 am - Oshawa, Canada

Of course you can do this. Back in the olden days, at the turn of the century, when I had my surgery, there was none of this Opti or liquid diet stuff happening, so I can't really relate to that part; I can tell you, however, that I likely would have struggled with it as mightily as you did.

That said, for a very long time after my surgery I didn't really care if I ate or not, because I really wasn't hungry. In the hospital it took me all day to drink most (not all -- most) of a four-ounce plastic cup of apple juice. My husband had to remind me to eat.

You're looking at your post-op self through a pre-op reality. You will be able to do the two weeks or however long of clear liquids because trust me you won't really want anything else.

Congratulations on staying strong through four days of pre-op -- and good luck with your surgery!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/17 12:26 pm

Well, there ya go!!! Good for you! proud of ya!

Terri Ott Norris
on 8/24/17 12:31 pm - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17

YES YOU CAN!!!

The hard parts starts after the two weeks....

see my post below, it tells how I made my 2 weeks of liquid easy-and it was.

(well except for the pain of surgery etc)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/6024231/Wanted-to-sha re-what-got-me-thru-my-2-weeks-post-op/

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

Busman20
on 8/25/17 11:27 pm
VSG on 07/19/17

The "free" items on my liver shrinking diet were dill pickles and sugar free popsicles, and I consumed jars and boxes of both. Had lost 19 lbs prior to surgery and surgeon said liver was small.

Most Active