Wanted to share-what got me thru my 2 weeks post op!!

Terri Ott Norris
on 8/8/17 10:13 am - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17

I am 3 weeks out, and I am feeling like it is time to share some info with you all.

It is amazing what 2 oz cups and 3 oz Ice pop pouches will do to change your life!!

Before I went in for surgery I had bought little 2 oz cups with lids at Walmart. I put cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup, strained, in them and put in the fridge. (I did ALOT of them) I also put sugar free jello and putting in these same cups, LOTS of them.

Those were my meals for 2 weeks.

I bought Premier Protein liquid and Crystal lite fruit punch water packets.

I then poured the protein and the water in the 3 oz Ice pop pouches, that I bought at Amazon, and froze them.

Every bottle of protein is 30 gms of protein, and we need 60-70 gms a day. Each bottle is 11 oz, so I needed to have 2 bottles a day. I just did the math, I think it was like 7 tubes a day of protein. Same with water, we need 64 oz a day. NOTE TO SELVES: Protein counts towards the 64 oz a day.

It was SO easier with these items. Below are the links where I bought them.

It was SMOOTH sailing, and helped me get ready for the soft food to come next.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N795KR4/ref=oh_aui_deta ilpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Multi-Purpose-Mini-Cups-W ith-Lids-2-oz-50-ct/17056809

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

Kathy1212
on 8/8/17 10:24 am

Great ideas; so glad your first few weeks post op went so well!

I wish I could find the liquid premier protein in Canada. I've been making popsicles with sugar free koolaide drops and water, and they're so yummy. Perfect for this hot weather.

Good luck with your next food stage!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Kathy S.
on 8/8/17 11:25 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Great job Terri and thanks for sharing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

2bthereagain
on 8/8/17 12:46 pm

Thank you for this post! I just ordered the pop pouches from Amazon and will pick up the plastic cups on my trip to Walmart. I think this approach is going to work well for me - thanks for sharing!

Lisa

theAntiChick
on 8/8/17 12:52 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Doing the protein (especially the Syntrax nectars) in the ice pop pouches got me through my immediate post-op period. One of the best inventions ever!

I just wish I'd thought ahead enough to prep the way you did!! Way to go!

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

cowdoc
on 8/13/17 5:31 am
RNY on 09/12/17

I'm so glad you've shared this. I just got my surgery date and am looking at ways to prepare for the post-op period.

i was wondering how many 2oz cream soup cups that you made ahead of time. How long do they stay good in the fridge?

Thanks again for the tips and congrats on your awesome start to a new self!!

Most Active