New here..

Wendsday1
on 12/6/17 2:50 pm

Hi..I'm Wendy..new to this whole process. I'm on the road to having gastric bypass now.. I will have completed the requirements by the beginning of February with hopes to have surgery shortly after. I also have gastroparesis in which my stomach does not move my foods to my small intestine making me feel very full, nauseous and causes vomiting. I'm open to all advice and guidance!

HW 242lbs. CW 209lbs. GW 125lbs.

Casey A.
on 12/6/17 4:33 pm
RNY on 09/27/17

welcome wendy. I had gastric bypass back on 9-27 of this year so I can answer questions about that but unfortunately I can't help with gastroparesis. Feel free to ask any question and I'll help if I can. Good luck and congrats!!

HW: 357.2 SW: 333 5'2" Age:45

pre-op: 24.2 M1: 24.8 M2: 15

Wendsday1
on 12/6/17 5:42 pm

Thank You! I'm trying to learn the ropes of using site so may have many questions!

Wendsday1
on 12/7/17 10:59 am

Hi Casey.. I'm curious as to how everyone creates their signatures with what's under your post.. Can you help me with that?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/8/17 11:02 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Click on the gear icon on the top-right side of the page and click "tickers." You can set up a tracker there, and check the box to have it added to your signature.

To add other stuff (text or images or whatever), click the gear again and hit "settings." Then click on "message board," and add whatever you like.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Wendsday1
on 12/8/17 1:35 pm

Thank You! I'm still trying to figure everything else out as well! Do you tend to use one group more than the other? Any other helpful information is greatly appreciated!

HW 242lbs. CW 209lbs. GW 125lbs.

on 12/8/17 1:42 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I usually look at the three main groups-- this section, the VSG board, and the RNY board. Even though I had VSG, there are a lot of things that we have in common so it helps to look at both surgery sections.

I'd suggest reading as many old posts as you can on all three sections before you head into surgery. Learning about things like the "three week stall" and vitamin requirements in advance will help a lot!

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions or anything, I'm happy to help! :)

Wendsday1
on 12/8/17 1:49 pm

Thank You again! I found the tickers..Do you know where I would change my signature..I saw on settings you can check username, first+last initial, but I'm wanting to put like my HW, SW, CW, etc. If you again can help I'd appreciate it!

on 12/8/17 2:03 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Go to this page. Then you can add whatever text or pictures you want, and it'll show up below your ticker :)

Shannon S.
on 12/6/17 5:59 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Welcome!

Most Active