11 Years Ago Today. I Started my Rny Gastric Bypass Surgery

huskergalWsD
on 3/17/18 2:17 pm

Hello Everyone I'm still alive..I was 327 lbs. when I started .I am currently 210 I am 5'11. I started out size 22/24, I am a size 14 now. I am going to turn 61 in June. I maintained my weight loss for 10 years perfectly , I maintain my diabetes now with diet and exercise, been off metformin since day 1 after Wls Doctor told me the other day my A1C numbers were perfect. then life got stressful In the last 12 months I regained 25 lbs, its been hard to lose that but I did manage to lose 10 of that 25 lbs recently, still working on getting more off I'm on my own now. I'm strong now, so I do a lot of praying to stay strong .. I have been happy with my Rny still working. It is working because I still have trouble eating eggs and chicken. However I wish I knew about the "side Effects' after Wls. sure I lost weight, BUT no one told me before Wls about the other side effects that come with altering your insides, and medications I take ..A lot of my teeth are broken off and loose (yes I take my vitamins and calcium faithfully) since day 1 P O ,, so bad that I have to have them removed .Very sad about it..I always thought my skin would go back to the way it was when I was young, no bat wings. I can't have surgery to remove my bat wings, I have learned to accept them.I wear long sleeves a lot. It works out ok because I ride horse still and wear long sleeve to protect me from long hanging tree branches and long hours in the sun..ok. I haven't been updating my profile for a few years so this is my long story short for my Wls 11 year anniversary..Has any long timers ever wrote a book and published it on their Weight Loss Surgery Journey? .Ask any questions you may have...Ohhhh and I'm happy to report , NO MORE HEART ATTACKS since 2013..Peace V ..Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

dannypaul
on 3/18/18 4:13 am
RNY on 08/31/17

Congratulations on your weight loss success. You look marvelous. Thanks for sharing your success story.

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/18 5:16 am

I'm so glad you're well and riding horses ! ( im jealous!) (((()))) huge hug

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/18 3:47 pm

Congratulations on your success and continued good health!

Kathy S.
on 3/22/18 12:00 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active