Will I have a nice trip/will I fit

BioGirl
on 4/29/18 9:36 am

Hi

I'm 5ft 11, 330 lbs . I'm size 26/28 UK sizing and I'm going to universal this week. I am in the process of losing weight (3stone so far) but time is now up and I'm terrified I won' fit 1)in the plane seat and 2) on anything in Universal Orlando resort.

I'm not a roller coaster lover so I'm not bothered about these but some of the other rides and attractions of like to do but the internet has me terrified. I' quite lucky that I carry my weight evenly but even so...does anybody have any words of advice or comfort?

I can' sleep over this.

Amy R.
on 4/29/18 9:51 am

Hi!

I can never remember if the UK sizes are one up from ours here in the US or one down but my understanding is that many of these rides at big attractions have seats that you can try out before you get in line. So there might possibly be that.

As far as the airline seats. Someone a few posts down referenced this awesome link to find out if you'll fit comfortably or if you'd maybe want to buy an extra seat. All airlines aren't the same and all seats on the same airline aren't the same either. So check this out: https://www.seatguru.com/ It's awesome! I saved it from the other post because even though I don't need it for myself anymore I have a very tall husband who has real trouble with his legs on longer flights.

Good luck - check the attraction websites and do a search about fitting on rides. I'm sure many, many people have your same concerns and they likely address it up front.

Jess Says Yes
on 4/29/18 12:01 pm, edited 4/29/18 5:03 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I went to Universal last year at nearly 5' 10" and about 315 pounds and a US size 26/28. Airplane seats were uncomfortable but I fit with a seatbelt extender (asked the flight attendant and she was polite and discreet about getting one for me).

At Universal I fit snugly on all the rides I attempted. :) There are often test seats in front of the rides. It can feel a little embarrassing to test them, but better than wasting time in line!

I really enjoyed myself although I was pretty anxious about fitting and I let that get me down a little bit. I also rented a wheelchair when I went because I had recently torn a muscle in my foot and needed to sit down frequently. This was a big help (and often allowed me to go around the line to the wheelchair entrance) but it also made me feel more self-conscious and embarrassed.

Overall I had a really good time and wished I had not gotten myself worked up. (The internet had me pretty freaked too!)

I'm going back next week over 100 pounds lighter and I am so very excited to see how different the experience is.

I hope you have a great time and are able to relax and enjoy yourself!

(edited for clarity)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

BioGirl
on 4/29/18 12:29 pm

Thank you for this reply!

Did you mean UK size or were you definitely US size because I think my UK size 26/28 is equivalent to US 22/24 which seems weird you weigh less than me but wear bigger though I know everyone wears their weight differently :)

Sorry to hear about your foot, hope it is all better now and congratulations on the weight loss! That' fantastic!

Can I just ask what rides you tried? I'm not remotely interested in the big coasters but some of the smaller rides and shows I'd want to see. Were the shows e.t.c okay for bigger girls?

And I know it' ridiculous to worry over something you can' change, I don' know why we do it to ourselves.

What was the park like for things other than rides? Could you still have a good time even if you didn' fit on things?

Sorry for all the questions, I'll stop now ?

Jess Says Yes
on 4/29/18 4:13 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Haha, no worries. I would've loved to talk to someone my size before I went. I was definitely a US size 26. Could've squeezed into a 22/24 but 26/28 was comfortable.

I rode all of the Harry Potter rides, ET, Jimmy Fallon, Transformers, and a couple of others. I didn't see any shows other than the character parade that came through where we were standing. I was there with my kids so a lot of my focus was on ushering them from ride to ride (they had an awesome time). I loved the Harry Potter stuff the most and even just walking in the different HP shops was cool. It was a nice way to spend the day :)

my foot is much better and only gets mildly sore now, thanks!

You are so right, worrying about things we can't control is certainly a waste of our energy, but it's a hard habit to break! Based on my experience you should be good to go though. I hope you have an absolute blast!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active