Support

free4ever
on 9/5/20 8:19 am - Elizabeth City, NC

It's Super hard restarting your weight loss journey! Much harder than the initial surgery weight loss. The mental wrecking ball is probably the biggest hurdle to overcome. Let's face it people, people are cruel and yet none is more critical than your self! Finding the support to keep momentum appears to be non existent. I have looked and reached out and it seems everyone is in a panic over their own worries of weight loss or gain that they aren't interested in working as a team to combat the weight and healthy living..I know I will do this once I conquer the depression and eliminate the little voice of self destruction but I wanted to send a message to all those searching for a friend and support to overcome the battles in their life.. yes we all have them just different demons or obstacles. Be a supporter, be the person you want others to be! Best wishes to all the beautiful people! Remember Failure only happens when you don't try!!!

Kellie

White Dove
on 9/5/20 12:22 pm - Warren, OH

I agree that it is hard and without support almost impossible. We have a daily menu thread on the RNY board where we post what we are eating, talk about what is happening in our lives, and offer each other support. It does not matter which surgery you had or what your plan is.

Don't wait until you overcome your depression. Don't wait for any reason. It gets harder everyday, never easier.

Please join us and let us help each other.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

free4ever
on 9/6/20 7:44 pm - Elizabeth City, NC

Thanks, I'll check it out..

Kellie

Gina 21 Years Out
on 9/7/20 2:04 pm - Burleson, TX

YES!!! What White Dove said!

And, yes, I plan to take that advice, soon...lol...I miss y'all

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Tekish
on 10/21/20 7:04 pm

When it comes to the daily support threads, people need to remember that people use those threads to stay connected.

If you want to "ignore" OH members then don't start the support threads. You are using your personal likes/dislikes to keep people from getting support.

Just a thought for the thoughtless.

Tek

Partlypollyanna
on 10/22/20 2:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Personal opinions like calling people thoughtless because they choose who to engage with? There's no requirement that everyone has to engage with everyone else.

Everyone/anyone can start a thread/conversation, you could do the same on any topic and maybe that's another way to get support to people.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Tekish
on 10/22/20 6:06 am, edited 10/22/20 2:45 am

It is thoughtless.

It's a daily support thread. The person is denying folks the community support. It's wrong.

See, I disagree 100% with your opinion. Golly, it's insensitive and selfish. I would never deny you community support over it.

Tek

Partlypollyanna
on 10/22/20 7:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

If I was that concerned about it, I would start my own thread. Maybe there is pent up demand for telling people your perception of their short comings/self care approaches.

seriously though - everything is not for everyone. if you see a gap or concern, you have the option to fill it or complain about it (and people have the option to engage or not).

Jen

free4ever
on 10/22/20 7:16 am - Elizabeth City, NC

I'm sry did I miss something? Did I post something offensive ?

Kellie

Partlypollyanna
on 10/22/20 7:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Not at all! I was responding to the comment above mine, not to your original post - sorry for the hijacking.

Jen

Most Active