Vitamins and protein

tallprincesskim
on 10/31/21 11:53 am
RNY on 09/17/21

Happy Halloween!
I am 45 days post op gastric bypass. Really struggling with finding a protein drink I like-as well as meeting a protein goal.
Also any recommendations for chewable multivitamins.
Any advice would be appreciated!

Kim

White Dove
on 10/31/21 12:52 pm - Warren, OH

The only protein drink that I ever could get down was Syntha 6 from the Vitamin Shop. When you open a container of protein mix and smell it, most of them smell like sour milk. The Syntha 6 smells like cake mix.

Chewable vitamins are usually sweetened with things that cause a lot of gas and diarrhea. You can take two multivitamins like Centrum or a store brand. I have trouble swallowing pills with water so take mine with a small amount of sugar free applesauce.

Syntha 6 - Vanilla Ice Cream (2.91 Pound Powder) by BSN at the Vitamin Shoppe

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 10/31/21 6:48 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Early on, I really liked syntrax. I also used true nutrition to make my own mix for a bit.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/21 6:59 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I've always liked Thai chicken and coconut soups like Tom Kha Gai .

Bought them by the quart after surgery.

I honestly hate shakes ... not my thing. Buffets ... yes lots of soup a little food ...

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/22 6:38 pm, edited 1/31/22 12:54 am

Unfortunately, no new recommendations on protein drinks. As for vitamins, I'm currently taking Vitamin B-12 Nature Made from the Canada Drugs Direct store. Though my mother takes Centrum chewable multivitamins, I tried one and it tastes good.

Most Active