Winter blues and weight gain

SidneyLeiFrances
on 2/10/22 6:23 am

The winter months are always hard for me to get through but this year I have the blues like crazy and I have been gaining weight because as usual I am eating my way through it all. I can't pinpoint what triggers my depression like this! I am sabotaging myself over and over again and I know this.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/10/22 3:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Seasonal depression is a real thing for many. What are you doing about it? Can you pick one thing to focus on that you could do? Have you tried a therapy light if you can't get out into the light each day? That has shown some results when "just" the winter blues (and of course, definitely recommend consulting a medical professional if you need to).

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

SidneyLeiFrances
on 2/23/22 5:38 am, edited 2/22/22 9:43 pm

I have never heard of a therapy light so I haven't tried that. Thanks for that tip. I am trying to focus on being more positive and on staying connected to my friends and family.

TJFox
on 2/11/22 5:28 am

I understand somewhat of all that you are going through. I hope things get better for you soon.

SidneyLeiFrances
on 2/23/22 5:38 am

Thank you very much.

White Dove
on 2/13/22 1:16 pm - Warren, OH

I got a therapy light last winter and it does help a lot. The funny thing is that my cat loves to look at it. Also remember that ground hogs and raccoons gain weight in the winter. Not because of depression or Christmas cookies, but because of lack of light.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SidneyLeiFrances
on 2/23/22 5:43 am

I had never heard of a therapy light until after I posted. If they are not too expensive, I will give it a try. I didn't know that about the animals either. Thank you.

MKMGirl
on 2/16/22 6:37 am

I am in the same boat!

SidneyLeiFrances
on 2/23/22 5:45 am

I am sorry you are going through the same thing.

Most Active