LunaChic’s Posts

LunaChic
on 5/13/12 1:15 pm
Topic: RE: Why?
In this case I would say that it was said out of jealousy.  I personally lost a friend by undergoing my surgery simply because she did not want me to have it and said she couldn't see me suffer.  Well, guess what - I didnt suffer anywhere near what she said.  I think she was having preemptive jealousy since I was going to lose weight, look better, and be healthier than her.  Some people act weird around positive life-changing decisions and it's those moments when you realize who your real friends are. :)

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

LunaChic
on 5/13/12 1:06 pm
Topic: RE: A few days out and need tips

Sugar free popsicles seem to sit very well for recent post-ops. I also used to boil some veggies and herbs in the chicken or beef broth to give it a new flavor and then just straint out the veggies.  Gives you a bit of vitamins and nutrients from the veggies in the broth.  :)

Hang in there!  I hope you get better soon!  :) 

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

LunaChic
on 4/4/12 7:17 am
Topic: RE: Anyone start the process and NOT have the surgery?
I was also in denial for two and a half years. I worked out hard, ate a very strict diet and managed to lose 52 lbs on my own. Fact of the matter was I always gain it back. I tried so hard to keep the regimen, and wound up losing my wonderful weight-loss groove due to tearing ligaments in my ankle. Every year I pick up the drive to lose weight and something always gets in the way and I wind up gaining it all back and sometimes more.

After realizing I've been fighting this losing battle for over 12 years I finally put a stake in the ground and said I'm doing this surgery for my health. Over the past two years I started to show signs of diabetes, high blood pressure and was diagnosed with sleep apnea and high cholesterol. I was headed down a slippery slope. I am getting sleeved next Thursday on the 12th, and am so glad I finally got over my fears and came to the realization I need extra help to win this battle.

Its not that you can do it -- most of us here are capable of losing weight, but a lot of us have decided to get surgery because we need a little extra help. You still need to have dedication, drive and guts to continue with the post-surgery weight loss plan. I used to envision myself fight a great battle against my weight -- swinging my sword and pulling out some crazy karate moves, only to be outnumbered and beat down. I see my upcoming sleeve as like my bazooka. I'm coming back to this battle with my karate moves and sword-slinging, but now I got this massive weapon to ensure that I win this battle once and for all.

I hope you are able to make the right decision for you. It seems like the consensus on this forum is that most people only regret not doing the surgery sooner just as much as I wish I would have done it 2 and a half years ago when I first considered it.

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

LunaChic
on 4/4/12 7:04 am
Topic: RE: any body else new to this ,and having surgery in a week
I am getting sleeved on the 12th (Thursday).

Am I one of the lucky ones that wasn't required to do the pre-op liquid diet.

On my own, however, I am eating very light these last two weeks (nothing horribly heavy), plan on cleaning my intestines out this weekend with some magnesium citrate, and am drinking lots of water.

Best of wishes to you!

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

LunaChic
on 4/4/12 6:35 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Tomorrow!!!!!!!!
Best wishes to you!

Say prayer for next Thursday as well! I get sleeved on the 12th.

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

Most Active