2forthewin’s Posts

2forthewin
on 5/3/17 9:30 am
Topic: RE: Revision Surgery in 28 days. Irrational Fears?

It was COE ALSA in Fresno CA. If you watch their orientation video it talks about it and they have one of the highest success and safety ratings. I dont think they were saying they do crappy work they were just saying obesity is a complex disease. 1 size does not fit all. I think that is pretty evident with the number of revision and multiple surgeries often needed. I cant count the number of people i know that had stomach stapling in the 80's and now have had bypasses etc.

2forthewin
on 5/2/17 2:56 pm
On May 2, 2017 at 9:08 PM Pacific Time, MarinaGirl wrote:

I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother. Valerie has given you some great advice and has recommended the top DS surgeon in Northern Mexico. I commend you for signing up for counseling but if you're only starting on May 15th and looking to do surgery at the end of the month, that won't give you much time to make progress. I believe you can be very successful with the right surgeon, procedure, and head work. Good luck!

Thank you and thank you all for the condolences. I appreciate all the advice. I will look into the surgeon etc. I am anxious but I dont want to rush into using someone that wont give me the best result. That would be a waste in the long run. I actually do not know much about the DS even when I initially researched what weight loss sugery I was going to have I only looked into the lap band and VSG. I will start researching now on the DS. I want to be informed when i discuss options with the surgeon.

2forthewin
on 5/2/17 1:58 pm

I do not have any health issues. I was just a person that grew up small and active and I guess it is for vanity purposes only. I will not be attempting a third time if i regain but I am more committed then ever to making it work. If I had gone in and the doc said hey your sleeve looks perfect but we can convert you to a RNY or bypass. I wouldnt be down for that. I just feel so ripped off that I didnt get what I should have in the first place. It was like instead of taking 3/4 of my fuel tank they took 1/4 and i think it makes really challenging to stay in the honeymoon period of losing or even staying level.

I did watch a video for a bariatric center of excellence and their surgical program it did say that they are learning that with surgery it is often times not a one a done situation. That sometimes it is finding that right combo for each patient and it often may require 2 surgeries.

2forthewin
on 5/2/17 1:23 pm

Well yes thank you for asking... it is mishapen. It is wayy to large and it appears it probably started that way after surgery and it was not made small enough to start.

As for emotional eating. I lost my brother in a tragic accident over a year ago and that started the spiral. I have a dietitian I start working with on the 15th of this month (I have paid for a year of visits) and I start my counseling 2 weeks post op.

I guess asking for encouragement was too much? :)

2forthewin
on 5/2/17 11:46 am

Hi there I am having revision sleeve surgery on May 30th in Mexico. I went there for my initial surgery also. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am 5'4" . I weighed 199 pounds my first trip to mexico and I lost down to 147. I am back at 195 pounds. I have been in the 180's for about a year. The last 15 was since January of 2017. I am starting to see a counselor so I can have some tools for emotional eating. I am not afraid of the surgery etc. I am sooooo afraid I am not going to lose any weight. I am going to either be resleeved if it has stretched too much or moved to a bypass. If anyone has some words of encouragement I could really use them. I sit and I just worry for hours that I am going to fail. That I will not lose a single pound and I will have wasted $15k between my two surgeries. Anyone else find this normal or heck anyone find it abnormal? HELP. Talk me down.

Most Active