Bookmark and Share

In Loving Memory of Kirk Thompson
(aka The Crow)

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we share with you that the OH/Bariatric community has suffered a great loss.  OH Member Pioneer (a celebrity amongst OH Members in the early days and beyond) and former OH staff member,  Kirk Thompson, gently passed away on August 7, 2009. 

When Kirk's weight loss journey began, he weighed in at 745 pounds.  His courage and commitment shined when 36 months later, he had lost 450 pounds.  Despite his shyness,  his isolation over the years, Kirk went public with his journey and struggles. He appeared on National TV shows, spoke at OH events,  and more importantly to him, he spent countless hours online chatting, emailing and posting in hopes to support and inspire others. He was determined to make a difference in the fight against obesity... and he did.  He was a remarkable man and will forever live on in so many hearts and souls.

OH staff member, Shannon shares her love for Kirk:

"Kirk was my co-worker at ObesityHelp for many years, but beyond that, he was a one of a kind friend. A favorite memory of Kirk is when we were at the ObesityHelp Pittsburgh event.   It was amazing to see Kirk's genuine love for our membership.  His big smile & hugs, eagerness to help anyone, and care-filled talks were a highlight for many of us. He will be missed, but never forgotten."

And Bo McCoy, OH staff member and motivational speaker, is grateful for the support Kirk bestowed upon him. With a broken heart, Bo posted innocently sharing his grieving heart:

"Kirk was a former employee of ObesityHelp (member services department) he was very instrumental in introducing me to staff at OH and helping me  join the OH team.  I owe Kirk many thanks for the love and support he gave me.  He was my friend and I am not sure what more I can say except he was funny, loving, and my personal 'angel' when I was 626 lbs.  He was my friend when I felt I didn't have any.  My world has changed today.  I will miss my friend."

Kirk was instrumental in bringing OH members together and he was a true angel in the lives of so many. His legacy, his love, and his laughter will live on in us all forever. We love you Kirk...you will be forever missed.

You can read more tributes to Kirk on the main OH Message board located here. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/3996496/Kirk-Thompson-the-Crow-RIP/

*OH Magazine will feature a special tribute to Kirk in the Nov/Dec issue.

Bookmark and Share

Most Active