Horse people

Meginsf
on 7/18/10 6:44 am - WA
Hey I was wondering if there are any other horsey people. Iv started riding when i was 8 years old until i had an accident in 2001, I then took a year and a half off and started riding again in 2003. Well i havnt ridden in a wile because of being too heavy, and I had really bad luck trying to buy a horse sence i had 2 horses buy right out from under me. SO i just decided to give up on the buying idea. Anyway I cant wait to lose enough weight to be able to take lessons again and maybe even lease a horse. :-). Tell me about your horsey history and include pics of your horse too please if you can
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
pam57
on 8/31/10 1:20 pm - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 Hi,

I'm a horsey people!    I live in south western Riverside county and I have 8 horses.  That is one of the reasons I want to lose weight, because I really want to ride again without worrying about killing one of my poor babies.  Years ago (about 110 lbs ago) I had a mare who used to grunt every time I sat on her and as I held on to the horn to pull my self in to the saddle, she would pretend she was going to fall over.  My mare is gone now but I sure miss her sense of humor.  If you want, check out my webpage at www.peppertreedowns.net where I have pictures of my kids.  I am trying to breed horses but I am having difficulty getting them pregnant.  I just found out the only horse we had in foal doesn't have her baby anymore.  Arghh....

Nice to meet another horsey person, we will have to keep in touch

Pam
'

Meginsf
on 12/20/10 10:54 am - WA
 im sorry about your mares not taking. Are you going to try again? do you have your own stallion that you can put out in the pasture with the mares?? in any case i wish you luck
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
dawney
on 12/18/10 12:31 pm
Hi, my name is Dawn.  I love horses, use to go to summer camps, mostly because coming from a family with 5 children we just couldn't afford to buy one.  As I got older I was just to fat and heavy to put a horse through that.  I would love to hear from others in my situtation who yearn to get back in the saddle.  My goal is to loose the weight and then spend a week at a dude ranch as a treat to get back into the saddle.

I have just begun the process for getting surgery, would love to hear from others pre- and post operatively to inspire and for friends to connect with. 
yssirhc
on 2/23/12 12:07 am - Canada
I Love them i have two currently and i show in the summer but i am finding my weight is a a problem and have stopped riding as much because i dont want to hurt my mare. i have a passion and really want to enjoy it without the worry. my goal after i loose the weight is to jump
karynh
on 3/1/12 10:36 am - Tampico, IL
VSG on 09/26/12
I have 3 Horses right now and just starting my journey with my 6 month weight visits. I also want to lose the weight so I can enjoy riding again. I just dont like that I am not as flexible as I use to be. I have all paints two geldings and 1 filly.
Neaucora
on 4/20/12 7:41 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 Hi, My name is Marie. I live in AZ. I have 2 mares right now and my husband has one horse.  I am scheduled to have the  Gastric Bypass on monday the 23rd. I cannot wait to ride again. I have owned "Nadia" for approx 10 years now. I bought her when she was 3. She was the most beautiful horse I had ever seen. Something about her touched my soul. So I sold my gelding and purchased her. She is my best friend. I think she misses me riding her. She is a line back dunn, (looks like a buckskin). She has a little white star on her forehead where God kissed her before he sent her into this world. lol  I have been around horses since I was about 8 years old. My other mare is a pony I bought last year for my nephews and neices when they come out to visit. She is a pretty little sorrel and white paint. My husband has a black Tennessee Walker and Arabian stallion. He has the fine body of an Arabian with the gaits of a Tennessee and the endurance of the Arab.  He is a gentle kind horse, but will only let my husband ride him. We have come to an understanding I can brush him, and turn him out, but I am not to ride him. lol. Last time I tried it was like trying to ride a leaping grasshopper. lol 
I am happy to find a spot on the boards for horselovers. I hope you all are well!

Karen P.
on 4/23/12 4:28 am - CO
RNY on 02/13/12
I'm a horsey person. I've had many and right now I just have the one mare. My kids all went through Westernaires in Golden, CO (www.westernaires.org) and I taught out there till I broke my back.

Now my grandson is in Westernaires and I'm managing his team. As soon as the truck gets fixed, we'll be taking Honey the mare out there.

LJ1972
on 5/6/12 12:22 pm, edited 5/6/12 12:23 am - FL

I know this is ancient... but in hopes someone will come back to this forum I'll post lol

I have a 30yr old Tenn Walker / Arab mare, Skye, I've had since she was 6. I stopped riding several years ago because of my weight / her heaves. In 2009 I started fostering for animal control in the next county. My first (only) foster was 1 1/2yr old sorrel gelding named Buddy. Nobody looked at him or showed interest for almost a year, so I adopted him. I had committed to surgery and hoped he would grow enough / I would lose enough so I could ride him.
Fast forward to January this year - Buddy the former foster still only 14.2hh and just a squirt. I'd lost a lot of weight and could ride - just not either of my horses! So bought a 3rd horse! A 15.3hh appendix gelding, sorrel and darling!
(This is the day I got him - he is fat and sleek and muscular now!)

This is Titan!

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

AnniesSS
on 9/19/12 11:24 am
RNY on 09/11/12
It's an old thread, but one that touches my heart strings...

I rode as a kid for 14 years and miss it dearly.  I stopped due to lack of funds - parents divorced and I needed a real job - and as my weight gained and my income increased, I could never abuse a horse by getting on their back.  When I decided on WLS, my main goal was to ride again and I will this Spring/Summer once I find a barn to go with. I don't think I'll own a horse, but I'd love to 1/2 board/lease when the time is right.:)
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Looking for a home...
SapphireStar · 0 replies · 611 views
test thread
nikonshooter · 0 replies · 479 views
Horse people
Meginsf · 10 replies · 800 views
Ferrets!
shiftling · 1 replies · 442 views