Say a prayer please

DixiePop
on 2/27/04 9:50 am - Murphysboro, IL
have a cat that I found sleeping in the back window of my car almost 2 years ago. Hes an adult, very good tempered and well mannered cat. I brought him in and gave him love and hes awesome. His name is Ceasar, and he looks like a big white tiger only hes grey. I came home today and asked DH where Ceasar was and he said sleepin on the waterbed. I went in to see him and he was having ALOT of difficulty breathing. I called the vet and rushed him right over, where they checked his temp, he did have one... checked his lungs and gave him an antibiodic injection and a steroid pill . Tried to give him some antihistimine but he didnt take it .. and they put him on oxygen for a while. That seemed to help a lil but not much.. he has double pneumonia and emphysema.. how in the heck does a cat get emphysema!?!?! ... Anyway, they want him back tomorrow for a repeat injection and pill and they sent the oxygen machine home with me.. now just getting him to stay in front of it... I hope it doesnt sound weird but say a prayer for my cat, hes like my own child. Thanks for listening everyone. God bless
LauriF26
on 2/27/04 12:01 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Dixie, Ceasar is so lucky to have you... my prayers are with you. -Lauri
DixiePop
on 2/28/04 3:24 pm - Murphysboro, IL
Ty Lauri, they are needed and greatly appreciated.
Danmark
on 2/27/04 8:39 pm - Rushville, NY
I HAD five cats, a dog, dove, pet chickens and a neighbors cat that decided to live with me instead of home. Last year I lost my old dog, and one of my two oldest cats (14 years). I know your pain. Hopefully they can do something. I still grieve over all my pets no matter how long they've been gone. If you don't mind, would you please email me sometime to update me on your baby? My animals are my kids as I never wanted "real kids". Having one sick or losing them is as real a pain as if they were human. I'll say some prayers for your baby and you.
DixiePop
on 2/28/04 3:32 pm - Murphysboro, IL
Hi Daniel, thanks for posting and for the prayers I took Ceasar back to the vet today for repeat injection and steroid pill. Doc took his temp and he didnt have one, thank God. He also said to keep the oxygen machine.. but for some reason he says.. "it looks like a ruptured diaphragm, but I dont think it is'. Now what this is supposed to mean.. I dont know .. Im all confuzed. He wants me to bring him back in tomorrow for shot and pill and same thing on Monday. If hes not any better by Monday.. he wants an xray of the diaphragm. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Today, he seems to have a lil more energy. Not much thats for sure, but he has been getting up , going to get a drink...he is VERY weak, he went to the potty once. Doc said let him roam around if he wants cuz trying to keep him still will just stress him out and believe me.. when he gets up to move.. its a struggle for him to breathe as it is. I dont want to make it any worse. So when he lays down from being tired, I pick him up and put him back in his bed. Hes losing weight so quickly, Doc gave me nutrical to give to him, but he sure doesnt want any part of it although I got him to take a lil bit earlier this evening. He said cottage cheese or yogurt would be good, but he doesnt want those either. Now is NOT the time to be picky is what Im telling him but hes not listening Keep praying. He needs all he can get. Thank you veryyyy much for caring. Ill keep u posted...thru here, I dont do email too well. I tend to procrastinate. Im so bad.... Dixie
Theresa B.
on 3/2/04 8:31 pm - Effort, PA
I will say a prayer for you! I know what it is like. I found a cat in my yard and had him for 2 years but he had kidney problems and needed to be put to sleep last year. He was the sweetest. Good luck . Ps I just had my 15 year old dog go too.
Disabled In The D.
on 3/16/04 7:12 am
Of course I'll say a prayer for your baby. I too think that all pets are our family or friend or babies. If someone gets a pet to just be a "mouser" or "bark at potential robbers" that person does not deserve a pet. I can't brush my kitty cat's teeth very well but can pop a pill down her throat and close it quickly with pretty good success. They also have a pill injector which is like a big needle and you put it inside the mouth and then inject the pill down the throat. I've never used it but heard they work well. God bless your kitty. Emily
Danielle L.
on 1/10/05 5:49 pm - Lowell, MA
I know your post is a few months old, but I had to reply. I know exactly what you mean when you say hes like your own child. My animals are everything to me. I will say a prayer for your beloved cat, and I wish him the best. Just remember he is loved by you, and what more could he ask for.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Looking for a home...
SapphireStar · 0 replies · 611 views
test thread
nikonshooter · 0 replies · 479 views
Horse people
Meginsf · 10 replies · 799 views
Ferrets!
shiftling · 1 replies · 442 views