RNY takedown (reversal)

tiffanycarson23
on 1/29/17 4:08 am

I'm new to this site....read your story was wondering how you are doing? 

Roux-en-y
on 11/1/16 7:18 pm

Who performed the reversal? I have many issues and my quality of life has been a living nightmare. Please text 913 259 9320 or reply here PLEASE.

NickM1267
on 10/4/17 3:26 am
RNY on 07/31/17

I was just reading your post and was wondering if you had your reversal yet?

heygiz00
on 2/24/24 12:40 pm

Wow! I feel I am in the same boat right now, I am Almost 14 years post op and having frequent falls resulting in broken bones. I don't know what to do.

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
Greg S.
on 4/29/12 7:23 am - Ypsilanti, MI
RNY on 05/08/12
 Just wondering, I thought rny was irreversable? and does insurance pay to reverse it?? Thanks G.S  surgery next wk in MI.
panda1alp
on 9/15/12 12:38 pm - plessis, NY
i do believe as long as its medical insurance pays for it
hopefull d
on 8/9/13 5:42 am

Grace did your pain stop after your takedown?

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/14 11:03 pm

my pain didn't stop but got MUCH MUCH better. every single one of my ailments either dissapeared or got significantly better after my takedown/reversal.

sorry bout the user name. I can't remember which email I used so I could retrieve my password

Grace

susan0324
on 12/4/14 6:22 am

Hi, how long did the process take between when  you decided to reverse and the actual surgery?

I had RNY four years ago and lost 80 lb. the only problem is, I have progressively worse food allergies and at first only got itchy hives and rashes from gluten and soy. Now I can't have dairy, MSG, anything artificial, or night shades. I've been on GAPS diet for several months and have an itchy rash all over my body. I also cut out all sugar so I eliminated any candida overgrowth that might be the cause. I am convinced this surgery ruined my life and I would take being fat any day over this hellish existence. I can't sleep because of the itching and rash and have missed weeks of work. I can't eat anything or drink anything and my life is over. I am seriously thinking of this. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. thanks

reversedgrace08
on 1/2/15 7:51 am

I am soooooo sorry I haven't replied earier. Itching all the time has GOT to be miserable! blech!!!

Not many surgeons are willing to perform reversals and many patients lack concrete medical evidence of anything actually wrong or anything that is connected to the wls to be causing their issues. I had NO medical evidence but LOTS of dr visits and er visits and no real treatments. It can be maddening I know.

PM me if you would like to talk more. I would be more than willing to chat

God I hope you're feeling even a little bit better since this post was made.

Grace

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 866 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8464 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9027 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11000 views