Wish there was more chatting!

MagickalMom
on 1/30/05 4:26 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Heck, I wish there was more chatting on this board. Some of the boards are so active, it is crazy! LOL! Anyone out there want to chat or same IMs or SOMETHING?! I know there are more Army folks out there! It is just plain not to support each other. Let's , , and each other out. HUGS~ Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. Weight- 257/234/146 BMI- 44.1/40.2/25 Height- 5' 4" Surgery Date: 1/19/05 No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
Becky P.
on 1/31/05 11:45 am - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Jamie, Hey I was just checking out this Army Message Board. I really haven't come to it yet. I just posted my interests to my profile. I just had surgery on Jan. 25 and I am doing good. Did you have Lap or Open?? I had open because here in California our insurance, Tri-West, only approves open since this past Nov. I wasn't happy at first with the open but I am fine now. How are you doing?? Okay I just wanted to say hello. Thanks, Becky P.
MagickalMom
on 2/2/05 5:47 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
I had Open RNY (1-19/05) b/c when I started this process that is the only thing Tricare approved. Although now I hear they are processing Lap RNY again but most military MTF don't do it so you have to be referred off-post. I did not want to delay my surgery and more so I just went for the Open. Which is OK, since I bounced back better than most Lap patients! LOL! My surgeon is really good and my scar is GREAT so I have no worries. Well I take that back, my only worry is that my surgeon is deploying soon and I will not have someone to go to. I am not sure yet what the hospital plans on doing with us post-ops since we do need follow up care. Anyways, I am doing good considering everything. I have already moved to mushy/crispy and since my doc is at JRTC right now he said to go ahead and slowly progress myself to some real foods as I am comfortable with. I am not rushing but I have experimented. Like I am doing really well with shrimp and that Tyson chunck chicken. YEAH! I can't wait to go to a regular diet but until them I am taking it slowly and trying new things here and there. So far I have only "dumped" once and that was because my throat was dry so I took a sip of my hubby's ice tea while I was eating and I did not know it was that sweet lipton brisk crap... UGH! The sugar in that is UNREAL! LOL! So how are you doing? Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. Weight- 257/234/146 BMI- 44.1/40.2/25 Height- 5' 4" Surgery Date: 1/19/05 No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
Tanja Y
on 2/2/05 1:57 am - Wahiawa, HI
I'm all up for that....... ~Tanja -142
MagickalMom
on 2/2/05 5:51 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Hi Tanja, what a loss (-142) THAT IS AWESOME! I just had to say that I love your profile! It is so pretty! I have got to get around to making my profile look prettier, I have just been so busy trying to catch up in school. LOL! I only had a weeks notice about my surgery date so I did not have time to drop out this term so I am trying to play catch up on the 2 weeks I was out. Go figure my terms are only 8 weeks long! LOL! So how are you doing at 6 months out? Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. Weight- 257/234/146 BMI- 44.1/40.2/25 Height- 5' 4" Surgery Date: 1/19/05 No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
Tanja Y
on 2/8/05 3:37 am - Wahiawa, HI
How am I doing six months out? I'm doing great! Just great. Bloodwork was fine at my 6 month check-up besides my iron being a little low~but it's always been low, pre-op and post-op. I work out almost daily, do water aerobics 3 nights a week, and tonight I'm going to try a deep water aerobics class. I heard it's tougher in a different way then the 'normal' class. I went and bought new stuff to wear at the gyn at Lane Bryant this weekend, got there right as the store was closing so I pretty much just grabbed thinking I'd try it on at home. I bought tops and pants in 22/24 thinking they'd be snug on me and last a little bit longer.........only to get home and discover they're not snug at all and even a little loose! Talk about being shocked and excited. Havn't taken them back yet, can't decide if I really need to exchange the pants. After all they're for the gym, not a fashion show~which is a quote from my hubby. LOL It still amazes me that so many things have changed in just six months. I have enjoyed each new discovery and I'm really looking forward to find out what 'new' thing I'll be able to do next. ~Tanja -145.5
MagickalMom
on 2/8/05 9:10 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
THAT IS AWESOME!!! I can't wait to start buying smaller sizes and be able to shop at regular stores and not have to go to The Bug or Lane Bryant! Be careful in that deep water aerobics, it is tough. I used to be a competitive swimmer and the deep water aerobics and water polo used to kick my butt! LOL! Speaking of swimming, I have set a goal for myself.... I want to return back to the pool and start training again. I want to be in "competitive" shape again in 18 months. I would love to be able to race again! I miss it so much! Jamie
Becky P.
on 2/3/05 9:51 am - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Jamie, I am doing good. I have to have 3 weeks of liquids and then 3 weeks of purees. Then at 6 weeks I can have regular foods. I am 1 1/2 weeks into liquids and I am so tired of drinking!! It is hard to get all the liquids in but I am doing exactly what the doctor told me as well as the nutritionist. I am doing well physically. I am moving around really good. My husband and son have been really good to me. I am so glad to have them. Okay that is enough for now. Talk to you later, Becky P.
MagickalMom
on 2/3/05 1:27 pm - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Are you not allowed to "eat" some liquids? When I was still on liquids I was allowed to have jello, popsicles and stuff like that since it was liquid by the time it reaches your stomach, not to mention your tummy will treat it like liquid. Why not call your doc and ask. At least SOMETHING partially chewable is better than nothing. LOL! I hated the liquids phase but luckily enough for me, my doc moved me out of that fairly quickly since I was doing so well in the hospital. Good luck Hun and keep us updated! PS- Don't you just love the caring kind of hubbies? Mine has been great as well, not to mention my son and dad who came into town to help me out! I am one lucky girl too! Jamie
Becky P.
on 2/3/05 10:50 pm - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Jamie, I can have jello, popsicles, light yogurt and things like that. It is just that it is getting old. I am already tired of the yogurt even though I have had several flavors. The jello just doesn't seem worth it because it doesn't give me enough calories. I am having a hard time trying to get calories in. I get them in my protein shakes and the yogurt. Also in the popsicles. I am getting all my 64 oz in most days, others I get in 60oz. I know that it will get better. Thanks for responding! Becky P.
Most Active