??? about first 5 days and what is typical?

amyinsantaclarita2010
on 5/23/10 3:22 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
Today was my fourth day after surgery and I really felt good.  went shopping etc... Is this typical?

I really feel close to myself, with the exception of not moving my bowels?  Does anyone have an idea how long that is?

2)  can you stretch your sleeve too much in the beginning.  Today it was so much easier to drink the fluids and not have that lump in my throat?

3)  do you think going back to work after 4 days is too soon?

4) today was sunday dinner, typical italian pasta night, with meatballs, sausage, pasta, salad.  I have to admit I did feel a litte want for food in my mouth, but I was not hungry.  I hope I can do this, does i get easier once you start eating real food again?

Kathie L.
on 5/27/10 3:21 am - Castaic, CA
Hi Amy,

Good to see you post...I'm Kathie from Castaic; neighbors. Since you posted on the arthritis page, do you suffer? I had a total hip replacement 6 months after my RNY. Today I'm happy to say that life is wonderful and I'm pain-free and living life to its fullest.

If you have questions, I'm here to help support you.

Kathie
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
sleeve genie
on 6/19/10 10:46 am - Alhambra, CA
Hi Kathie,,, so losing weight didn't help the arthritis pain?  i ahve arthritis in my hip but the pain is in my leg,,, i am hoping losing weight will make a difference,,,, do you go to any of Dr Q's support meetings???i keep forgetting until its too late to go,,,, but i plan on trying a few  take care jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

sleeve genie
on 6/19/10 10:44 am - Alhambra, CA
Hi Amy,,, i am 3 weeks post op with the sleeve,  and i had a really easy time of it, was really suprised i thought it would be much worst,, i was up and about fairly soon,,,, i had a problem with no bms and so i got some fiber choice which is a chewable fiber made from fruits and vegetables,,, i ate these before the surgery and then i started eating a lot of brown rice and didn't use them for a while since brown rice has lots of fiber,,,now no more brown rice so i got a bottle of the fiber choice and now i go every day,,, not as much as before but i'm not eating as much as before,,, but i go every day,,,, i took 2 weeks but probably could have gone back after one,,, i think it depends on how you feel and how strenuous your job is,,, i had a problem with fatigue,,, still get really tired easily but this is typical,,, that's nice your not hungry,,, i get hungry but once  i eat a little something it goes away,,,,  and it does get easier each day out,,, take care  sounds like you are doing really well,,,jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

sassy60
on 7/14/10 8:25 am - Dallas, TX
Hi!
I am scheduled for Gastric Bypass 08/16/2010. I have had surgery in my neck because of the arthritis and I need surgery in my back because arthritis has caused a vertabrae to shift. I am hoping that losing the weight will help the pain.  I am in pain all of the time. I take about four (4) Aleve twice a day to combat the pain.  My Dr. had prescribed me with pain pills but frankly I am afraid of pain pills.  Reading all of these posts about the arthritis and losing weight I have come to the conclusion that both will be a battle until the end.  It's really scary to me but I'm about to get on board and deal with my health issues. I spoke with a young lady at work who uses miralax to help her with ther BM- I have already purchased my protein mix, Biotin, vitamins, Calcium Ciltrate and all the other things my Dr. says I will need.  I am ready to get started because my goal is to get my back surgery in October. I will be sending updates as this is the only real support that I have.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 107 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2346 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3551 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4815 views