this just made me angry...

meatballiz
on 5/20/06 3:45 am - verona, PA
this story was posted on the jan. 2006 board and it just made me angry, especially since the post was titled: "some don't know when to keep their mouths shut..." A Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU. One day he shocked the class when he came in, looked to the ceiling, and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes. The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still waiting. "It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-****ed him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?" The Marine calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid **** and act like an ********o He sent me." the whole thread is here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/01-2006/postdetail/23907.html?vc=0 and of course everyone's response to this was, yay! great story!!! ugh. ~liz
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/06 7:38 am - Island Heights, NJ
RNY on 01/31/06 with
Liz, I saw this too, and it really annoyed the hell out of me. I really try not to respond to that type of narrow-minded, rah rah, quick trigger patriotism stuff. I some people are quick to jump on people like us because we question their entire belief system. Just the thought that everything they've based their existence upon might not be true really puts them out of their comfort zone. I've become fairly thick-skinned having to deal with a christian based society. Sorry it bothered you so much. Just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone. -Best Wishes -A.J.
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Group
LeaAnn · 0 replies · 273 views
hi everyone
lovelylisa · 0 replies · 306 views
WOW!
BrownieGirl · 4 replies · 326 views