So very disappointed

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/05 12:48 pm - Oak park, MI
I started thinking today after my slight altercation with a poster earlier. I feel violated. It is my own thing really. I do not like the way I feel when I feel like I am forced to say such mean things to someone. Regardless of what they say to me, it is not in my best interested to give in to that little part of me. It just feels yucky you know? I had hopes for this board, but it is not safe or private. My beliefs are something I do not want to put out there to only be atacked over and over again by gawkers. It is not their fault though. I can see where it is like an oddity to those who never met anyone that was Atheist. I used to believe, and I know what I thought. The bickering and the meanness is getting annoying. This is what I said I was afraid of the beginning. I wanted like minded only, and this site is way to public for that sort of forumn to exist. Please feel free to email me privately anytime, through this site, those of you with like minds. Good luck with your WLS goals everyone. Terri
sherlo
on 10/9/05 6:03 pm - Flatlands, CA
Terri, Your responses to that poster and to many others are, in my opinion, very negative and hostile. You write repeatedly from a viewpoint of one who feels she is educationally superior to so many others. You complain about gawkers who have the audacity to come to this board and read your posts. You attack with profanity and anger. I imagine if you respond to this posting, you will also have some hateful comments to hurl my way and that is ok, a chance I take by writing to you. I just feel so sad when I read your remarks. I know you do not want my sympathy or my compassion, but I feel it for you just the same. If you truly had no doubts about your beliefs, Terri, I do not think you would feel so angry. This is not a judgment of you, simply an observation. Sher Lo
dawn D.
on 10/9/05 6:38 pm - plainville, CT
Just wanted to say I agree with you Sher. If someone who wholeheartedly believed in what they claim, they would not 'attack' someone with anger (look at Dona for example - she is very polite, educated and respectful when making comments),,. anyways, take care!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/05 12:08 am - Chicago, IL
There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ANGRY OR RUDE ABOUT TERRI'S POST. This board is not a place where atheists have to be expected to explain themselves. It's supposed to be OUR SPACE not the Learning Center for the Curious and Uninformed. Dawn I did you a favor by accommodating your question and starting a thread for discussion and look how you treated one of our own members. You were the outsider and we took the time to respond to your question and you're going to ***** that somehow it wasn't sufficiently sugar-coated for you. Obviously it was just over your head. I'm through with being "respectful" to the likes of you. If this gets OUR BOARD removed because people like you won't leave us in peace, I can assure you you won't have heard the last. You and your little friend can leave this board and never come back if you have half a clue.
sherlo
on 10/10/05 4:20 am - Flatlands, CA
Dona, One of the posts to which you refer clearly states that it was meant to be rude. The use of profanity is a sign of disrespect and anger. If this is all about educating ourselves, why do you constantly lash out at people *****ad these postings to do just that? Our first amendment rights are the very essence of our existence here in the USA. I enjoy hearing your views, never respond in order to push my own agenda, and have no desire to silence you. Your response veils a hidden threat, or at least that is my interuptation. And finally, you again condescend to the supposed "ignorance" of any one who offers an objective respond. How can you evaluate a person's level of education, or their IQ by a few entries on this board? Set your mind at ease, Dona. I come in peace. I wish you no harm. Sher Lo
dawn D.
on 10/10/05 11:10 am - plainville, CT
thanks for the laugh this morning..enjoy your day
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/05 2:14 am - Las Vegas, NV
Sorry to read this. You have some interesting perspectives that I will miss reading. I understand your choice. I have opted not to respond to the faithful, as it is generally wasted pixels. It is interesting that the faithful are demonstrating just how overbearing they can be, and why we may want to be free of it, just for a short time. Tek
Becky Sue
on 10/10/05 11:58 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Terri, I'm sorry to see you go, too. I too, enjoyed your posts, but totally understand where you're coming from. I hate that you had to defend yourself. Anyway, I hope you won't stay completely away from OH. Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Group
LeaAnn · 0 replies · 274 views
hi everyone
lovelylisa · 0 replies · 306 views
WOW!
BrownieGirl · 4 replies · 327 views