Recent Posts

kaleidos
on 6/5/11 8:51 am
Topic: RE: WOW!
Maybe we should bring it back to life...because while I know most of it is well-meaning it is kind of off-putting. And at times downright scary!

Weight loss includes 57.7 pounds before surgery. Not weighing until 2 weeks after surgery.
Raze
on 5/22/11 5:02 pm, edited 5/22/11 5:03 pm
holy cow i have found my forum

you mean GOD really doesn't care if i have an RNY or a DS or whatever?

WHO KNEW!!

EDIT: oh crap this thread is old as the hills, and the forum appears dead. oh well....

IMO

LeaAnn
on 11/11/10 11:16 pm - Huntsville, AL
lovelylisa
on 1/21/09 4:16 am
Topic: hi everyone
i'm an atheist and was looking around on this site and found this. i though the muslim thing was funny. i'm married to a muslim. we're quite a couple. lol

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/08 2:14 am - Island Heights, NJ
RNY on 01/31/06 with
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/08 2:12 am - Island Heights, NJ
RNY on 01/31/06 with
sconsta902
on 9/9/08 12:08 am - Westerville, OH

Yes--let's get this place moving!  It does feel a bit isolating out on the mainstream Christian boards!  Of course, that's not unlike the rest of the world, is it?

Anyhow, glad to know I'm not alone out there. 

So what do ya'll think of Sarah Palin???

FastFingers ~*~
on 8/15/08 7:58 am
Nobody knows it's here. Try the Rants & Raves board. We discuss atheism, religion, and lots of other hot topics that have nothing to do with obesity or weight loss surgery every day. But wear your fireproof panties, because on the R&R, we let the flames fly! http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rantsandraves/
BrownieGirl
on 2/6/08 8:09 am - Burbank, CA
Topic: WOW!
An athiest portion of this site? I had no idea! Reading all the comments regarding prayer and trusting in god, I thought I was the lone non-theist holdout! Now why is this place so quiet?
FastFingers ~*~
on 12/23/07 10:12 pm
Topic: Twas the Night before Squidmas...
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through creation, People believed almost anything with no hesitation; With their hearts hung open for anyone who'd care, They had no idea that skeptics could be there; Children nestled asleep with their thoughts on the stars, They had visions of quasars and novas and Mars; And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap, Settled down, nary a thought for the world's bullcrap; When out on the lawn I heard voices speaking, People gathering at my house, what could they be seeking? Away to the window I went to hear more, Tore open the shutters, too much to ignore; The light from the moon on their faces did pull, Doesn't the moon have effects on folks when its full? When, what to my wandering brain should I hear, But new thoughts, suggestions, and alternative ideas; With my mind not quite being able to click, I knew right that moment they must be skeptics; More rapid than eagles, these great apes made no claims, I hadn't seen them before, but I could place their names; There's Sagan and Kurtz and Randi and Klass! Carson, Dawkins, Gould and DeAngelis! At the top of my porch they rang my doorbell, Dare I let these gents in? Will I go straight to hell? As dry leaves that crumble with the crush of a hand, My defenses went down and my mind did expand; So I opened the door and inside they flew, Their minds full of science, with a skeptical view; And then, in a twinkling, I heard in the room, The prancing and pawing of reason in full bloom; As I drew in my hand, and was turning around, This skeptical gathering seemed suddenly profound; My concerns about why on this earth we've been put, Had me down in the dumps, in a rut, low as soot; A bundle of monkeys I had flung on my back, Could these people help me? Oh, what do I lack? In their eyes was a twinkle, and they saw my frustration, Gullibility and ignorance led me to all sorts of temptation; The words from their mouths were drawn up like a bow, The beards on their chins gave a most distinguished glow; Their grip on reality they held tight as their teeth, The light of their thoughts circled my head like a wreath; Offering broad thoughts and ideas like a bowl full of brilliance, They shook my foundations and broke down my resilience; They explained away myths, be them UFO, ghost, or elf, And I laughed when I realized, in spite of myself; In the wink of an eye they shone light to my head, Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread; They spoke many words and went straight to their work, My head swelled with great knowledge, I had felt like a jerk; Each shaking my hand, a heart-felt sense of pride, They gave me a nod, my gullibility had died; They sprang out the door leaving nothing but knowledge, Oh, if only I'd learned these things back in college; So please hear me exclaim as I finish to write, "Merry Squidmas to all, and to all a good-night."
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Group
LeaAnn · 0 replies · 273 views
hi everyone
lovelylisa · 0 replies · 306 views
WOW!
BrownieGirl · 4 replies · 326 views