1month of liquids post op

Butterflygurl1
on 6/30/08 8:08 pm - New Zealand
im a bander from NZ just wanting alittle advice from those on the other side of the ditch ;) How many followed the 1month liquids post op to the very day before moving to mushy foods? has anyone had any side effects from trying mushy's too soon? TIA everyone :)
sharyn_pear
on 7/3/08 2:26 am - Australia
Hiya Kelz, All I can say is its really important to stick to the doctors rules. Come on over to the main lapband board. Lots of advice and ideas and support there. Sharyn
armsta02
on 8/3/08 12:47 pm - Australia
truthfully, liquid is about all you feel like having - appetite usually is gone and eating is such an effort. You need to stick to slops for 6-8 weeks at least - time for the swelling to go down. If you eat something thats not soft it can get stuck in the band. You either vomit or if you have fluid in the band - have to have some removed. If you have no fluid and you keep heaving you can cause the band to slip and need more surgery.. i say stick with the liquid diet as recommended - i stayed on it for 2 meals a day for an extra month as was still having problems eating slowly - so breakfast was sloppy weet bix and lunch was soup - until about 3 mnths post op. Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics