Newbie and looking for advice

DolphinGirl77
on 12/21/10 3:56 pm - Melbourne, Australia
Hi Everyone i joined this site today and am looking for people who have had lap band surgery.

I am 33yrs old and live in Melbourne and i am 130kg heavy, I am considering getting lap band surgery and would like to talk to others who have had the surgery and find out their exeriences good and bad. I really want to know fully what i am in for if i get this surgery.
I am currently trying to get pregnant and have found out i have Polycystic ovary syndrome which is effecting getting pregnant and also my weight. I need to loose weight to help my chances of getting pregnant and for my health.
Well thats my story....Hope to chat to you soon

Thankyou
Trish
psychslim
on 9/27/12 10:16 am - Australia
 Hi Trish
I work as a Bariatric Psychotherapist and I also had LAGB surgery myself in 2009.
Personally, I would do it again in a heartbeat.
The health benefits have been fantastic and I'm a happier and more confident person than I have ever been.
I now work with bariatric patients and help them to overcome any psychological issues surrounding their weight gain/loss.
It's important to address the reasons why you put on weight because the need to comfort eat won't disappear with the surgery.
If you have good support there's every chance you will have success.
Best of luck
Kyla - PsychSlim
Most Active
Recent Topics