Anybody here???

Angel J.
on 1/13/06 1:27 pm - Troutdale, OR
Is there anybody here? Anyone want to chat about their feathered friends? I have a Umbrella ****atoo and a Congo Grey Angel J
luvsmyfids
on 1/14/06 6:17 am - Troy, NY
I have a Double yellow headed amazon, a Congo African Grey, a brown headed parrot, 2 quakers, 3 ****atiels, a sun conure and next month Im getting a B&G macaw and a Military macaw. Nice to meet you. Laurie
Angel J.
on 1/14/06 1:14 pm - Troutdale, OR
Wow Laurie! Thats a menagerie! What fun that must be. Our Congo is only 4 months old so we have him in training to be a really sweet bird. Hope he stays that way. Of all your birds which one is your absolute favorite? Angel J
luvsmyfids
on 1/14/06 7:46 pm - Troy, NY
Thor is 16 years old and I love him to pieces but Bandit my Congo is my baby. He is only 7 months old and is absolutely adorable. He is just starting to talk, he says hello and Love you so far. Oh yes, he also says hello thor. LOL Thor talks up a storm. Thor is my Double Yellow Headed Amazon. He also believes that Im his mate. The last couple of days hes been attempting to build a nest for he and I. LOL All of them make my life so interesting. I cant imagine my life without any one of them. Laurie
CuteDonna
on 2/2/06 1:05 am - Effort, PA
I had a sweet quaker but here in PA we can't have them I now have a white fronted amazon. Donna
Angel J.
on 2/2/06 1:03 pm - Troutdale, OR
Are they illegal? Why? Angel J
Angel J.
on 1/15/06 10:26 am - Troutdale, OR
I have only had birds for the last 2 years ... I wish I had discovered what great companions they are earlier on. Yes I love our lil Congo baby... I cant wait til baby chicken says his first words... They are soo smart! My umbrella is more like a big baby she says a few words but mostly just makes sounds like whines and wants to be loved and snuggled but the grey he is my boy! I read a book that says they talk between 12-18 months so I am going to start really listening around 7 months! I would have never known a bird could be so smart and so emotional! We used to have a blue front amazon that was a real kick in the Pants to... but we lost him to a tragic accident w/ the dogs... Love my birdies! Angel
luvsmyfids
on 1/16/06 7:35 am - Troy, NY
Yes, they do say that typically they'll start talking about 12 to 18 months but my Bandit, who is 8 months old today, started saying hello around 5 months. He now says, "hello Thor" (Thor is my DYH Zon). "hello mama" "love you" And hes mumbling alot but I cant make out what hes saying yet. Talk to your baby constantly. Talk to them as though they were a child. That way they really pick up language. If you only say things like, "Polly want a cracker" thats all they'll learn to say. But if you treat them like they're a real family member thats the language and inflections that they learn. My Thor says first thing in the morning when I uncover him, "good morning baby, I love you, want a cup of coffee?" its the cutest thing to hear first thing in the morning. LOL Laurie
JaniceR
on 1/25/06 9:06 pm - Tulsa, OK
Hi, this board is pretty slow but I pop in once in a while to see if anything is going on. I have an umbrella ****atoo Allie,a bare eyed ****atoo Peaches,a sun conure Sunshine, a jenday conure Jen,a normal green Quaker Pickles, and a peach faced/fischers love bird Mango. The biggest talker and the clown of the bunch is my Bare eyed Peaches. She is a hoot!! She uses words appropriately. She says Chris come take your medicine (that's my son) It's time for bed, go to bed, bye bye baby I love you, Hello baby,bad bird,pretty wings, go potty allie, hello pickle pickle,wanna take a bath, wow she says all kinds of stuff. She is a really hyper bird. Allie talks but more winey squeaky talk, Pickles talks when he feels like it and whistles the Andy griffith song. The conures are the newest members of the family, I got them I think in 04. Peaches is the oldest and she's almost 6. They are messy but so entertaining. Such great personalities, they are awesome! Janice 258/151
buckinggrimace
on 1/27/06 2:18 am - Elk Grove, CA
Hi! I just found this board. Currently I have two annoying parakeets. I am planning (saving) to get an African Grey soon. I previously owned a nanday conure, a lilac-crowned amazon, and a blue streaked lory. The blue streak was so much fun - he was like a monkey with wings. I want a bird with real personality (like my blue streak) but also one that is a great talker. I have always wanted an African Grey - but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to have them.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Parrotmom of 5
Eveningblossom · 2 replies · 422 views
Cockatiel passed away :'(
mysaffireeyes · 3 replies · 685 views
Molting and Plucking
Angel J. · 1 replies · 397 views