Recent Posts

bruindiva92
on 6/25/17 7:25 am, edited 6/25/17 12:25 am
Revision on 03/29/17
Topic: RE: New to WLS @ 3 wks out

Good Morning RayPhil,

It will take at least 4-6 weeks until you get your energy back. Remember, you had MAJOR surgery and the body needs time to heal. I started feeling better once I started soft foods and taking my vitamins.

Be patient and get as much rest as you can.

I wish you much success on your journey.

Janalyn W.
on 6/23/17 6:07 pm
VSG on 06/16/17
Topic: RE: New to WLS @ 3 wks out

I am only a week post op as of today and I can say my energy levels are low. My Doctor did advise me that would happen during the 1st 3-4 weeks. I am completely just in and out, up and down. Now that I am in the full liquid phase I thought I'd be full of energy...but again my dr said don't expect that. Keep pushing, stay focused....you've got this.

Kimbella
on 6/21/17 9:02 am - NC
Revision on 06/23/17
Topic: Sleeve Revision to DS on 6/23/17!

Good Morning!

I am looking forward to my surgery Friday but of course nervous. Although this will be my second time around experiencing bariatric surgery, I wanted to see if anyone else has been revised from to sleeve to DS? I was initially sleeved 1/2011. I did great! After having my third child I've held on to a noticeably 30lb regain, and in short decided to look into revision options.

RayPhil
on 6/21/17 5:38 am
Topic: New to WLS @ 3 wks out
Hi everyone, I am almost 3 weeks out from having my sleeve. My surgeon was Dr. Morris Westmoreland in Murfreesboro, TN. So far I am very pleased with my progress so far. I really thought I would feel more active at this point, but I seem to still have some low-energy moments throughout the day. I tried to go back to work a couple of days, but decided to take a few more days off to rest. I should be good to go by next week. Anyone else have issues post-op with getting your activity and energy back?
SassySis718
on 5/28/17 9:52 am
RNY on 04/19/17
Topic: RE: MY RESEARCH ON GASTRIC SLEEVE PRO'S AND CON'S, CAN YOU GIVE ADVICE?

Hi! I just had RNY a little over a month ago. I chose it over the sleeve because of the benefits to me with potential health concerns. My program actual does not do the lap band any more b/c it hasn't proven successful for most.

I was excited about surgery, not nervous. After I was fine for the most part, I wasn't able to go home with narcotics b/c of oxygen issues when I was asleep; and my blood pressure went up post-surgery. Going home on just Tylenol was fine b/c I wasn't experiencing surgical pain, and wasn't on it for long. I did not have pre-existing BP issues, so everyone was confused, they put me on medication for 2 weeks, it was back to normal in that time. My body was just reacting to the surgery briefly.

Outside of the medical piece, I was getting in the protein during the liquid stage but it was difficult since I was never a big lover of dairy which is where the most protein is. I recommend finding a protein option that isn't dairy based like Protein2O or Syntrax Nectar.

Around weeks 2-4 I would have moments of "buyer's remorse," which is normal. I would think what have I done, even though I knew why I did it. I have little white boards up, one in kitchen for food goals, one in bedroom with all the reasons I did go through with this. As I get more energy and more active, those thoughts have been less. Also be realistic and know your results will be different from others. Everyone told me I would looks LOTS of weight in first month, and I didn't, but that was my body moving at a rate that's best for me. Just work the plan your doctor/program gives and know your journey will not be identical to others. The benefits of the surgery outweigh all else.

goodygosh
on 5/28/17 3:48 am

hi, what are the cons?

Still considering surgery, so ll info would help!

Transfiguration
on 5/24/17 11:46 pm - Somewhere in time, SC
Topic: RE: Are there any old timers still in the forum?

Hi Everybody!!!!! I"m feeling the same. I am afraid of regaining too much. Maybe we should form our own group on another site.

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

Sabreeus
on 5/23/17 10:28 am

Thank you for your message this help me more to see that everybody have their own experiences through this journey. I have been doing research on different things to expect, I am going to just pray ask God to give me the strength to make the best choices when it comes to surgery also eating, mental being prepaid the way I see food and exercise. I really need to start working on eating less and what to eat not to eat, measurements, proteins and vitamins and so much more before surgery.Thank you so much again.

Godsgurl
on 5/21/17 8:07 am - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: Are there any old timers still in the forum?

I had surgery in 2004 and thought I'd return to the sight for insight to get off my regain.

Most Active
New to WLS @ 3 wks out
RayPhil · 2 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics